Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my delivery of my Highland a few days ago, with FSD paid for. It does not seem to be installed in the car; the app says it will be loaded in a future update. Does anyone know if FSD is available for the Highland in the US? I'm in S. CA. I have release 2023.44.200.5.1 which it says is the latest as of today.

Same here. Did you eventually get it? I took delivery on 2/5/24 with a transfer of FSD from my trade-in 2018 Model 3. Car and account both say "FSD Capability" and car says FSD will be available in a future update. I reached out to my delivery team, who said they can't do anything and to just wait for an update. I had a mobile service appt. for an unrelated issue, and the tech said it might take a month. No idea what he was basing that on.

Other random issues: (1) They left the "T E S L A" badge off the back of the car. Hence, the mobile service visit. However, the tech didn't have the necessary jig, so we reschedule to 3/17. (2) The left blindspot monitor (red LED) doesn't work at all. The right one is fine. Again, hopefully to be addressed on 3/17.

That three digit number (200) in the firmware version is indicative of a factory build release version. Meaning this is what came with the car when it was built. Be patient, your new update will come. You can see what is being deployed by monitoring

Thanks for the link and good to hear regarding the factory build version as I also have a 200 in the firmware number. It was about 3 years between me buying FSD the first time and getting the initial release, so patience is not a problem :). Tesla quirks aside, I absolutely love the car. I loved my 2018 LR RWD too, but Highland is a noticeable improvement.

Same here. Did you eventually get it? I took delivery on 2/5/24 with a transfer of FSD from my trade-in 2018 Model 3. Car and account both say "FSD Capability" and car says FSD will be available in a future update. I reached out to my delivery team, who said they can't do anything and to just wait for an update. I had a mobile service appt. for an unrelated issue, and the tech said it might take a month. No idea what he was basing that on.

Other random issues: (1) They left the "T E S L A" badge off the back of the car. Hence, the mobile service visit. However, the tech didn't have the necessary jig, so we reschedule to 3/17. (2) The left blindspot monitor (red LED) doesn't work at all. The right one is fine. Again, hopefully to be addressed on 3/17.
Status unchanged. No FSD yet.

That three digit number (200) in the firmware version is indicative of a factory build release version. Meaning this is what came with the car when it was built. Be patient, your new update will come. You can see what is being deployed by monitoring
Interesting about the (200). Thx.

Reactions: zoomer0056
any updates on FSD availability? Im taking my delivery this week and not sure if I want to subscribe to FSD right now or wait since no FSD for Highland...
I still don't have it. I called Tesla support over the weekend. At first the support person was confused by my question and tried to get me to turn FSD on. I had to send a picture of the greyed switch in the interface and the text reading, "will be available in a future update," to convince him that there was no way to do that. He then went off to do some investigation and came back with something along the lines of, "no vision only cars have FSD beta yet." I don't believe that's accurate, but I didn't push the point. Back to waiting I guess.

Picked up my LR Highland yesterday. Same problem, though I have a newer, and .100, release: v11.1 ⁦(2024.2.100 fa23b694c4aa)⁩

I have to say that Tesla transferred the FSD “ownership” from my 2018 Model 3 to this one seamlessly. I was using FSD in the 2018 the night before I picked up the 2024, and the 2024 had it (even if it couldn’t fully use it) the moment I accepted delivery. Was sorta expecting it to be a hassle - either they’d take it away from my 2018 days or weeks early, or I’d have to nag them to transfer it at all. But it was super smooth.

Look forward to actually being able to USE it.

Reactions: Old Biker
I was super nervous that my car wouldn't get here in time for the FSD transfer deal. Now that I have it, I'm super disappointed that I can't use FSD yet!

I'm also on 2024.2.7. They'll get it to us soon, but seeing all the updates about V12.3 is making me feel so much FOMO it sounds so promising!

I was super nervous that my car wouldn't get here in time for the FSD transfer deal. Now that I have it, I'm super disappointed that I can't use FSD yet!

I'm also on 2024.2.7. They'll get it to us soon, but seeing all the updates about V12.3 is making me feel so much FOMO it sounds so promising!
What a bummer that Tesla had the deadline for transfers but there's no FSD ready for the TM3.2

Fsd beta is currently on a 2023.x branch. If the new 3s are being updated to a 2024.x firmware , you’ll have to wait for the next FSD branch merge with trunk. Hopefully that is part of elons tease of big updates coming in April and may. The cybertrucks are also in the same situation, and all the foundation owners have paid for FSD by default. They’ll get noisy if they don’t get it soon.

If anyone is having trouble waiting, join us in group therapy here in fsd’s-earliest-adopters-still-waiting. Grin.

Seriously though, I’m hoping you all quickly get good builds, partially because of the trickle down into older hardware but also because the Highland model 3 is such a beautiful car, I may have to buy one.

Last edited:
If anyone is having trouble waiting, join us in group therapy here in fsd’s-earliest-adopters-still-waiting. Grin.

Seriously though, I’m hoping you all quickly get good builds, partially because of the trickle down into older hardware but also because the Highland model 3 is such a beautiful car, I may have to buy one.
Not only beautiful but upgraded on every level. Mini model S for sure.