Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally
1000030632.jpg

Reactions: Goschan and KoToNaS
I got the upgrade 2024.3.15 as well. But I'm very surprised I don't see Smart Summon available. Isn't that part of the FSD? Anyone else not having Smart Summon available? I'm pretty sure it's part of FSD so maybe they'll be doing a later release of the Smart Summon.

Otherwise, I tried the FSD today and it was OK. I mostly like it on the Highway and didn't get to drive it there today but on my local streets it's pretty good. Just a bit too slow for me. One challenge I saw was with round-abouts ... it gets confused.

I got the upgrade 2024.3.15 as well. But I'm very surprised I don't see Smart Summon available. Isn't that part of the FSD? Anyone else not having Smart Summon available? I'm pretty sure it's part of FSD so maybe they'll be doing a later release of the Smart Summon.

Otherwise, I tried the FSD today and it was OK. I mostly like it on the Highway and didn't get to drive it there today but on my local streets it's pretty good. Just a bit too slow for me. One challenge I saw was with round-abouts ... it gets confused.
Same no summon either

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

Reactions: happyelegance
Our M3H got it last night. This morning was my 1st attempt to use FSD and it was a white knuckle experience on the 405. It overall seemed very hesitant and doing turns and lane changes.

I will probably try it some more on less treacherous roads. I'm not confident in it at all on side streets after its display this morning, after getting off the 405.

On the bright side, Auto Park is amazing! This is my 1st time using it. Talk about making backing it in easy, wow.

This morning, I used it from Ottawa to Montreal. Overall, the journey was smooth with no major faults. However, I did disengage it 3 or 4 times due to my lack of trust. Once was when arriving at a toll, and another when merging for a lane closure.

Additionally, it tended to linger on the left lane for too long after overtaking. On the bright side, it handled orange lights very well—stopping for the first one (as I would), and accelerating for the second one when a vehicle was behind me (also as I would). The highway entry was very impressive, smoothly accelerating to merge without any danger. It also handled stop signs just as I would.

i put it on FSD on aggressive last night (just updated on 2024 model 3) -- was pretty cool on the highway -- its a little scary when it changes lanes, because it turns on the blinkers and you get confused which direction it is, left or right.....

highway driving is where it as for me vs normal daily driving. Its basically like a ride at epcot, its a wild experience.
oh an not sure why but I love the full screen ability when in FSD -I assume when FSD free demo is done, I'll lose this option.