TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Submitting a bug report

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Twiglett, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

Has anyone tried submitting bug reports from the car?
    From some earlier discussions there were several comments that "bug report" was deprecated, but a recent Elon tweet suggests that isn't the case.
    https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1001870372403167232

Every time I try to use either "bug report" or "note" it just pops up a message that says Thank you for your feedback, but I don't get a chance to add anything to it.
    Doesn't make sense to me.

Anyone else had a different experience

2. rodrego

rodrego Member

I tried submitting a bug report last night too. Didn’t seem like the car understood the “bug report” command.

3. dswansonsb

dswansonsb Member

There's no prompt asking you for information. Just keep talking after saying bug report. What you say should be displayed on the screen For me it often misinterprets what I say.

4. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

Yes, I submitted three yesterday. Just press voice command and say, "Bug Report" and then state your message. It's a little tricky because you have to say bug report and then immediately say your message as if they are part of the same sentence (no pause) and it will only take one sentence, so you have to be concise. Afterward, it will give you a message back that says, "Thanks for your feedback"

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. nexusone

nexusone Member

Yeah dont wait for any additional prompt. I've submitted many of them. Doubtful anything useful comes from it.

• Like x 1
  6. rodrego

rodrego Member

Successfully submitted 2 bug reports today. Thanks for the tips!

• Like x 1
  7. jsmay311

jsmay311 Member

FYI... taken from the manual published on August 1, 2018:

8. SDKoala

SDKoala RWD LR

I doubt anyone from Tesla is actually reviewing these, but it makes me feel better. There's an incorrect speed limit on a road I drive every day that I've been reporting for at least a month and nothing has changed yet.