Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Subwoofer and Door Speakers dead for months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if my issue is exactly the same, but I'm having the missing sub/audio enhancement controls that require a two button restart to re-enable. I think my rear speakers still work, but the sound quality overall is not as good as when it's all working. I asked for remote diagnosis and mentioned it may be a software issue- they came back and said they reviewed the logs and want to replace the amp for $775, and it's backordered till the end of the month.

I'm hoping to get the next 2022.16 update before that, and that it fixes it, really not excited to spend the $ on something that seems to be a software issue.

Not sure if my issue is exactly the same, but I'm having the missing sub/audio enhancement controls that require a two button restart to re-enable. I think my rear speakers still work, but the sound quality overall is not as good as when it's all working. I asked for remote diagnosis and mentioned it may be a software issue- they came back and said they reviewed the logs and want to replace the amp for $775, and it's backordered till the end of the month.

I'm hoping to get the next 2022.16 update before that, and that it fixes it, really not excited to spend the $ on something that seems to be a software issue.
What year is your car? It should be covered under warranty.

So remote service looked and said there is a short to ground on the A2B network. I’ve separated all the plugs from computer to sun and checked for shorts and there is nothing shorting to ground. My amp was removed at a body shop. I’ve read elsewhere that removing the ground right next to the amp before disconnecting power can be super bad. Perhaps that happened at shop? Hard to figure.
On a separate note…one of the amps I have has a blinking orange or red led inside it when powered on and the other doesn’t. Would someone with a functional system mind checking to see if their amp blinks orange?

So remote service looked and said there is a short to ground on the A2B network. I’ve separated all the plugs from computer to sun and checked for shorts and there is nothing shorting to ground. My amp was removed at a body shop. I’ve read elsewhere that removing the ground right next to the amp before disconnecting power can be super bad. Perhaps that happened at shop? Hard to figure.
On a separate note…one of the amps I have has a blinking orange or red led inside it when powered on and the other doesn’t. Would someone with a functional system mind checking to see if their amp blinks orange?

Got my car back from tesla-- took a total of 3 days to diagnose and fix the issue. I had a short with my A2B network as well. Techs said removing the amplifer/subwoofer without powering off the car completly can cause a short. They replaced my main computer and im back to normal with my sound and microphone issues.

Picked up my new 2022 Model S last Wednesday. On Saturday subwoofer stopped working as well as bass on the equalizer.

I scheduled an appointment for service on Monday, June 27th. I received a text on Sunday asking me to try the stereo out because Tesla sent a new firmware update. I checked it out and the update had fixed the issue, so I cancelled the service appointment.

Monday afternoon the same thing happened again. I’m schedule for service on 7/12. I have not tried anything to fix it besides resetting computer by holding down both scroll buttons. No Bueno.