Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Subwoofer Volume Control Does Nothing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have the Ultra High Fidelity Sounds package on my 2017 Model X and with the new software I noticed the subwoofer control seems to have no effect on the audio. Can someone else with a similar set up confirm if they are having the same issue? I'm wondering if my car is missing the subwoofer.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have the Ultra High Fidelity Sounds package on my 2017 Model X and with the new software I noticed the subwoofer control seems to have no effect on the audio. Can someone else with a similar set up confirm if they are having the same issue? I'm wondering if my car is missing the subwoofer.

Thanks!
It actually works fine for me. But you have to understand most media contains very little energy in the true sub-woofer range, 100 Hz and lower. It is only the sub-divided synthesizer or guitar licks, and the occasional bass kick drum, and then only a portion of that falls into the true sub-woofer range (< 100 Hz).

Hi,

Thanks!
I am getting accustomed to it. Had to work hard to catch the difference in sound but it popped when listening to certain songs while it was unnoticeable with others. Just as @DCGOO stated above.

Thanks, I've used some bass testing YouTube videos. No difference and I'm wondering if my car is missing the sub.
If you stream Tidal as hi def downloadable or full res files from your usb, subwoofer gain is very noticeable. And to me if you're not using hi quality audio in your MX-- garbage in, garbage out. Any other stream or radio in the current config is garage in comparison. Especially on a really good sound system such as ours.