Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Successful retrofit of passenger lumbar on 2021 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every car in history has been modified to death.
They aren't stopping you from modifying your car, you just can't use their lumbar parts to do it.

I think it is stupid of them to do this, they really should have retrofit options like this available. (So that the limited parts go to people that will use them and are willing to pay for them.)

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
So frustrating.

While aftermarket companies are making auto frunk, auto doors, auto presenting door handles and who knows what else, we are getting boned trying to instal OEM parts to retain a function. We really do need someone with online presence to tweet elon.

Pretty sure it’s not coming back guys. It’s build based off this config. The service center couldn’t roll back. Let’s get a petition going

AB5250FD-CD10-4B30-8AC4-A7117C2DDA6B.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
I’m going to give it awhile before I reach back out to service; but I’m curious to know where the ECU is and what the cost would be on one that supports dual lumbar. Looks like it’s a part that can be bought over the counter without a specific vin
It isn't just a matter of having the correct ECU, which a lot of people have, it is a matter of the car having the configuration that says you have an ECU that supports both. And Tesla doesn't allow the configuration to be changed, even by their own service techs. (They even have a Teleforce bot that checks the configuration remotely and corrects it if it gets "corrupted".)

Reactions: richyrich
It isn't just a matter of having the correct ECU, which a lot of people have, it is a matter of the car having the configuration that says you have an ECU that supports both. And Tesla doesn't allow the configuration to be changed, even by their own service techs. (They even have a Teleforce bot that checks the configuration remotely and corrects it if it gets "corrupted".)
This, it has to be an official tesla retro fit for that flag to be changed. You can get ballsy and hot jump the switch.