Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sudden Battery drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed similar behavior when the car is around 60-65 percent state of charge, and I think a few others here have similar experiences. As best as I can tell, it's a BMS thing. Your car didn't lose any energy and you'll gain it back around 50 percent or so (you'll actually see the percent tick up as you're parked, or it just goes down more slowly as you're driving).

I am having a very similar issue. Battery % drops 2-5% almost instantly. Usually in the 59%-65% range. This happens at home, while plugged in (in a garage and sentry mode deactivated). Eg. I returned from a drive and parked at 64%. Plugged in the car (sentry off). A few minutes later, battery is at 61%. I’ve seen the drop as much as 5%, in one case.

Also, I’ve seen the vehicle report higher than the charging limit after overnight charging. Eg. charging limit set to 70%. Car charges and sends notification of reaching charging limit overnight. When I check in the morning, charge is at 73%.

I use Tessie as a 3rd party app to monitor details of my driving habits and battery performance. App is set NOT to wake the car every time I open it. Been using it since delivery in FEB 22. Symptoms described above only started in August.

Tesla has done some remote diagnosis, but came up with nothing. Any ideas?
Same problem Model S 2021. Sits overnight drains 10%. No sentry on. Everything turned off. Tesla device tells me to leave climate in auto mode. Does not make sense to do this. Anyone else leave climate on auto and if you what temp do you have set. I live I. Florida so temps don’t drop very often.

Same problem Model S 2021. Sits overnight drains 10%. No sentry on. Everything turned off. Tesla device tells me to leave climate in auto mode. Does not make sense to do this. Anyone else leave climate on auto and if you what temp do you have set. I live I. Florida so temps don’t drop very often.
Auto, recirculate cabin air set Off, driver and passenger side temperatures synced, cabin temperature set to between 68F(20C) and 73F (22.7C).

That’s when I had my first phantom drain. Then again after 2022.40. Tesla service says it happened because the updated caused the climate auto to shut off. I don’t think I had it on in the first place. Service told me to set climate to auto. Don’t understand why. Service tried to explain something about a hepa filter not sure I spelled it right. There are fans that run to clean the filters to prevent mold and such. But these fans don’t register power used on the energy graph. Would think a 10% drain would register somewhere. So tonight I am shutting off Tesla app to make sure Tesla goes to sleep. Will see if there is anymore phantom drain in am. I do vent the windows and have Tesla covered and under canopy.

Wow this is driving me crazy! I have not check my tesla app since I parked and lost almost 4% in h 5 hours???
B9F5A803-C229-4F2E-82EC-5ECFF282C1FE.jpeg