Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

suddenly available model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question, ordered a model X and told the SA that I was hoping to get it by end of the year when I have to turn in another car.
They said not likely but if they find one, they will let me know.

I got a message yesterday there is one with exact specifications in New York. Will be $1000 to ship to me in Chicago.
I placed the deposit.

My question is, is this likely a delivery reject?
How often does an unallocated X go out or someone decides not to get for no real reason?

Quick question, ordered a model X and told the SA that I was hoping to get it by end of the year when I have to turn in another car.

I got a message yesterday there is one with exact specifications in New York. Will be $1000 to ship to me in Chicago.
I placed the deposit.

How often does an unallocated X go out or someone decides not to get for no real reason?
My guess is with the continuing downturn in markets some people are having second thoughts. Or worse, they were planning on using crypto.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia

I placed the deposit.

Absolutely it is a reject. Why was it rejected? Who knows. Could be a defect, could be a financial issue on the buyers side.

But Tesla is no where near caught up on demand and this was obviously not your purpose-built order since it has to be shipped.

My EDD was Dec 6 - Jan 13 and all of a sudden I get notified the VIN is assigned and ready for pick-up. I'm guessing it was a reject - hopefully not due to defect with the actual car. I can see people not taking delivery due to the shift in the economy or the holidays coming up.

I was in the same situation. Original delivery on May-June 2023, but all of a sudden they (I ordered 2 Xs LR) arrived in November as 2023 version. I went to the Tesla parking lot one day ahead of the delivery (on Sunday :) ) to check what is coming. I found both of them by VIN. Built quality was much better than 2 other Xs from May 2022. Little paint issues here and there, one purely painted dent, fog light going behind the bumper, and two ugly misalignments (liftgate shifter towards the front rubbing the trim and on another one front door is sitting terribly low) - if it were my first time with X I would be very stressed, but since I saw much worse things (all fixable but a lot of time was spent), that wasn't something that would prevent me from accepting the delivery. A lot of pain in the "frunk" - yes, but overall a better built quality. So, good luck!

Reactions: henderrj