Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestion Box: What colors would you like Tesla to add?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,

I think Tesla has selected an attractive set of colors for the Model S debut, but I am struck by the lack of any light/bright colors among the cars being delivered in 2012.
Agreed.

I thought it would be interesting to talk about what colors we as future owners would like to see. Maybe these choices will actually be available to some of us.
(1) Lilac. (Lavender would do. Light purple would do, too. But lilac is ideal.) Shades of Purple and Mauve - A Greensleeves Page
(2) Baby blue.
(3) Yellow.

- - - Updated - - -

So which colors should be removed? Typical auto manufacturers replace colors for new model year, not just add them (excluding the custom color option, if they go that route, the choices increase dramatically). So for every new one, which one would you like pulled from the palette?

Remove one of the two shades of white, silver or grey, and brown. The brown is actually an interesting shade, but I expect relatively few people will be set on it. The silver and grey are practically redundant. The two shades of white are genuinely redundant.

Remove one of the two shades of white, silver or grey, and brown. The brown is actually an interesting shade, but I expect relatively few people will be set on it.

Don't bet on it.
Brown is getting ever more popular. See all the other carmakers' additions of various types of brown to their color portfolios lately?
Even we have a brown car now - something I would never have thought possible a few years ago. But it really looks terrific (at least on our car ;-))

> Bold choice for a bold car. Nicely done. [Bonnie1194]

Lavender, metallic light Mustang. If Tesla can't do this then ship mine bare primer and I'll have it done locally. I really have to decide soon. Getting a second silver Tesla is just not going to be endurable, I've come to realise. Enter: panic mode.
--

I think Tesla should add some lighter colors.. their blue and green colors are so dark that they will be hard to keep clean.. my truck is speedway blue and I absolutely love it, partly because even when it's super dirty it looks quite clean...

Here's a ultra quick PS.

2013-Tesla-Model-S-front-1.jpg

I think Tesla should add some lighter colors.. their blue and green colors are so dark that they will be hard to keep clean.. my truck is speedway blue and I absolutely love it, partly because even when it's super dirty it looks quite clean...

Here's a ultra quick PS.
My understanding is that Tesla was going with brightness-moderated colors as they are more fitting of a sedan. As such, the newer red somewhat surprises me.

Colors like your blue (and the newer red) will definitely look right on the Gen III if it's as "businessman sporty" as I expect.

Reviving this old thread; was reading this article comparing the BMW M4 with the Lexus RC F and thought that both cars looked stunning in their respective colors:

BBC - Autos - BMW M4 v Lexus RC F: Fight!

I know some shades of the same have been posted up thread and also that the Model S's proportions are bigger (and may not work with certain colors) but, all the same...

jedavebu.jpg

qazu4a7u.jpg

Nice thread. An Amsterdam friend of mine complained that she loved the car but Tesla couldn't match clolours. She got a Black/Black car in the end.

image.jpg

I think the metallic green from Steve McQueens "Bullit Mustang" would look AWESOME on this car. Especially with the black performance interior. Machismo..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 150
I really like the shade of blue on my Chevy Volt:

View attachment 41116

Having said that, it's really hard to keep clean so I probably wouldn't have ordered my Model S in that color. I just placed an order last weekend for a white Model S.

I like that color too, but not sure if I would on a higher end car like the model S. I think the flashier the color, the lower take rate it will get unless its a Lamborghini or a Wrangler. If you think your blue is hard to keep clean you outta try the Tesla Model S blue.