Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestion for dash energy interface

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla model X 90D since september ......I would surely love the energy indicator on the dash to show the "expected miles left " number as it does on the center screen ..The battery indicator miles number on the left bottom is useless and I refer to the center screen energy display ..However this means replacing my driving preferences display (mine are navi and media ) ..So when necessary to see the energy miles left , I have to punch it up and then go back to media . Seems simple to complete the dash energy display to include the "miles left" number at the end, as it is on the center screen ..

I don't think replacing the percentage/rated miles makes sense in all cases; being able to see both in the instrument panel in a fashion that wasn't confusing would be nice if Tesla comes up with a way to do it, or they could give a third option in the settings page where you can choose ideal or rated - ideal/rated/30-mile-estimate.

I'm not sure ideal is really useful to anyone, though I could be wrong. Rated is sometimes helpful, especially in places where you know your 30 mile differs from the rest of the drive.

All I want is for the number of expected miles (that little number at the end of the energy bar ) to show when I have the energy bar on the dash display ..It is on the center display ..I'm talking about the miles left depending on your driving experience ..You can set it to display the last 5 ,15 or 30 miles of driving ..This number is much more accurate than the battery display number ..

It appears, when in the Navigation Mode (Destination set), the Battery indicator of % of battery remaining is the same as the Energy Expected Range. I would prefer that Tesla changed from a % to actual miles. I can do the math, but why make me. On Super Charger Trips, if things get "tight" I would bring up the Energy screen. With the expected Battery at the destination, I no longer have to do so, since the Navigation screen shows the expected amount of batter remaining at destination. I will have to validate on the next opportunity.

As Tesla moves from the "techies" and early adopters to the Model 3 mass market I would think they have to simply the range information .... just show how much range is remaining.