TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Suggestion for debris height mode through steering buttons

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by walla2, Dec 4, 2013.

1. walla2

walla2 Member

So I know talking about debris and height is not popular but my idea for a future software update would be to allow a steering wheel button double click to raise the car. It would allow the driver to do something other than just dodge the object as sometimes the dodge can't be done.

Tesla is currently the only company that could easily push this out to cars.

Thoughts?

2. haid

haid Member

And it would be activated by saying, "go-go gadget".

But seriously, if you had time to think to activate some button or device, you would have enough time to steer around it.

3. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Once selecting, raising the suspension can take approx 2 to 4 seconds to take place. At highway speeds, it would be useless.

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

"suspension swapper"? ;)

5. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

6. lloyds

lloyds Member

That's it. Even activating the suspension's hide through the screen takes about 5 seconds. By that time, you could steer around debris.

7. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

You'd have to have some compressed air stored so that it could deploy rapidly. The problem with steering around is that the debris is likely to appear when there are cars on either side (Murphy's law).