Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon anyone? 2018.24.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got nothing.

Attachments

• A7A85686-E568-48D7-9D51-DE95CD4611DD.jpeg
    A7A85686-E568-48D7-9D51-DE95CD4611DD.jpeg
    223.9 KB · Views: 69
When did an update ever brick a Tesla? I’ve never heard of such a thing, and I’ve had a Model S for more than 5 years. Yes, there can be problems with updates, but “brick” a car? Brick means the battery is kaput.

No, brick means the software is no longer responding to external input. If you brick your phone it cannot be controlled, but the battery is still fine, you just need a way to unbrick it. In the case of old iPhone issues, that meant waiting for an updated OS that didn't have the issue and ease installing it. Once the phone was erased it was just as it was before the update (other than losing the data on the phone). Likely the same would be true of a bricked car, but I have seen no follow up on claims of cars that were bricked. At least with a bricked phone you can still get home easily.

-Randy

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
I’ve been holding it down, but I’ve tried it both ways. At first, I wasn’t seeing any error messages, but now I have seen phone proximity errors. If I make a call, while looking in the mirror, the screen on my phone dims as I put it to my ear. I assume that the proximity sensor is working. I have cleaned the screen and powered my phone on and off—no help.