Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

summon - cooler than I thought..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am probably just being dumb but only yesterday did I realise that summon actually drives the car to you, if you move around then the car will follow you like an obedient dog! Probably common knowledge but fun. May also explain why the car gets a little stubborn when I am too close.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I am probably just being dumb but only yesterday did I realise that summon actually drives the car to you, if you move around then the car will follow you like an obedient dog! Probably common knowledge but fun. May also explain why the car gets a little stubborn when I am too close.
It’s for sure cooler than it looks on paper.

I'll try and take a video when I next get a moment. I need to do more testing but I found that when I summoned it up my driveway, as I moved to left or right it would start turning to follow me. I was able to then get it to turn away from the wall it was headed too and turn into my garage. Maybe it was just luck.. I'll try again. It's pretty flaky in general and rather shy (it rarely works when I am trying to show it to friends). Maybe someone else can try to see if they can get it to follow them.

Reactions: suwaneedad
Don't think it follows. It may have detected a wall where it may hit if it didn't move and moved. It's definitely finicky for me.. Sometimes it detects things in my garage and moves to avoid, sometimes it goes straight for it. I use it daily to bring it in and out of my garage.

Reactions: forkee
I have only used it before to "show off" until today when I actually used it for its stated purpose in a parking lot when the idiot on my left had parked way too close to me for my comfort so I summoned it out, and I got in and drove away. Passenger was impressed.

I'm 80% "just showing off," 20% "this idiot parked too close to the driver's side" on Summon...

Reactions: bahree
What I have noticed is that when SUMMONed, the car drives exactly in reverse sequence the way it was driven in the garage. Usually I drive straight in to the garage and immediately turn sharp left in to the wall and then straighten it out. When I summon, it exactly follows the same steering patters I made but in reverse order.