Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon doesn't work very well for me.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. I realize that Summon is a beta feature but I was wondering if anyone has the same issue as me? Parked in the garage, I summon the Li-Ionium Falcon and Homelink activates and open my garage door. Then Summon stops and I have to initiate it again. Is my garage not opening fast enough for it? It works maybe 20% of the time and the other 80% I have to summon multiple times. Doesn't matter if it's the remote or the app or even the Remote S app. Slightly embarassing when trying to show it off. Anyway, 1st world problems, right?

Chris

Mine works pretty well. It comes out of the garage no problem. Driveway is a slope so it only works going into the garage about 50% of the time and I find it easier just to back up. Couple times I have parked tight againts a wall or bush and has helped to pull it out before people getting in.

Hello all. I realize that Summon is a beta feature but I was wondering if anyone has the same issue as me? Parked in the garage, I summon the Li-Ionium Falcon and Homelink activates and open my garage door. Then Summon stops and I have to initiate it again. Is my garage not opening fast enough for it? It works maybe 20% of the time and the other 80% I have to summon multiple times. Doesn't matter if it's the remote or the app or even the Remote S app. Slightly embarassing when trying to show it off. Anyway, 1st world problems, right?

Chris
I jump for joy and lol whenever Summon opens my garage door, backs the car out, stops the car and closes the garage door. Usually, however, I experience the same problems you do. While playing around with it I put a small scratch and paint chip on my rear bumper that cost $2,200 to repair. Summon is the feature that I most often brag about, but I now use it with extreme caution.