Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto park and summon no longer works for me!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The auto park will work with FSD. However, in a regular parking lot, it will only work if you drive by the spot seven times, which is a hassle. Now, the parallel parking works great, at least for me anyway.

This last update to "TESLA VISION" has screwed up my sentry and summon. I have only had the car for two months and I thought updates were supposed to progress. My summon used to be amazing and really fun! WTF is tesla doing?

For me, smart summon and “come to me” never works initially. I have to first “dumb summon” the car forward or backwards a few inches. Then “come to me” and “go to target” will light up and work correctly. I have FSDb and sentry activated.

Last edited:
I have only had the car for two months and I thought updates were supposed to progress. My summon used to be amazing and really fun! WTF is tesla doing?
Welcome to the world of Tesla ownership.

Tesla software update usually improve things, but this is definitely NOT always true. There was a huge uproar about a year ago when the big annual UI updates removed some safety-critical features, like windshield defogging controls, from the main menu. These features were still available, but they were buried in a sub-menu. Drivers in southern California might not mind that change, but those of us in New England (or Ohio, where you live) disapproved. Tesla eventually relented and enabled us to add those controls back to the main screen, but it took months, by which time we'd already suffered through several months of cold weather having to dig through menus to find the relevant controls.

There have been other changes that have caused problems, too. I personally have ended up hunting for a minute or two for the control to open the glove box because Tesla has changed its location. It used to be possible to bring up a small display with tire pressure information by swiping in the lower-left corner of the screen, but that feature disappeared at one point (I think in the same update that removed the defrost controls).

When I first bought my Model 3, in March of 2019, I thought the software updates were an awesome feature. Today, that assessment has cooled. I still put it in the positive column, but there are negatives that come along with the positives. I wish the software developers would keep their UI a little more consistent from one release to another, and do some beta testing outside of southern California before unleashing disruptive changes on everybody. Removing previously-working features, or making them work only on days when the Moon is full and a coyote can be heard howling in the distance, is pretty bad, too. Personally, I've rarely used the self-parking feature, but I've certainly noticed that my car has stopped offering to do it for me in recent weeks.

Reactions: FSP381
These updates are killing us!

Now, In order to get summon to work I have to go into the app and take sentry mode off then go back into summon. A real hassle!

Also, before the "tesla vision" I could summon, auto park, and all that. Worked amazing. Well, I tried auto park into a parallel spot with tesla vision, and the car backed right over a curb. My cousin screamed out "C'mon ELON!" He was thinking of getting one too.... keyword...was!

Welcome to the world of Tesla ownership.

Tesla software update usually improve things, but this is definitely NOT always true. There was a huge uproar about a year ago when the big annual UI updates removed some safety-critical features, like windshield defogging controls, from the main menu. These features were still available, but they were buried in a sub-menu. Drivers in southern California might not mind that change, but those of us in New England (or Ohio, where you live) disapproved. Tesla eventually relented and enabled us to add those controls back to the main screen, but it took months, by which time we'd already suffered through several months of cold weather having to dig through menus to find the relevant controls.

There have been other changes that have caused problems, too. I personally have ended up hunting for a minute or two for the control to open the glove box because Tesla has changed its location. It used to be possible to bring up a small display with tire pressure information by swiping in the lower-left corner of the screen, but that feature disappeared at one point (I think in the same update that removed the defrost controls).

When I first bought my Model 3, in March of 2019, I thought the software updates were an awesome feature. Today, that assessment has cooled. I still put it in the positive column, but there are negatives that come along with the positives. I wish the software developers would keep their UI a little more consistent from one release to another, and do some beta testing outside of southern California before unleashing disruptive changes on everybody. Removing previously-working features, or making them work only on days when the Moon is full and a coyote can be heard howling in the distance, is pretty bad, too. Personally, I've rarely used the self-parking feature, but I've certainly noticed that my car has stopped offering to do it for me in recent weeks.
Same feeling