Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SUMMON ENDLESS RECONNECT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happened to me! Make sure you give the tesla app on your phone access to the permissions it asks for. It needs the location (and for some reason the ability to make calls) of your phone or it won't let you summon (but it won't tell you that, it will keep trying to connect then disconnect!)

Have a pixel 2 XL and sadly summon has gotten worse over the last 2.5 years of owning the car. Frequent disconnects and reconnect messages. It's slow to connect to car. Have had mobile service come and get it to work a few times but after they left I was having the same issues. They pushed a update and repaired bluetooth. Told me syncing contact may be the issue. I dug deeper and many people had success when they got rid of special characters from their contacts (@#$!-) but that didn't work for me. When the car is in sleep mode is when the summon issue is worse, if car is awake it works slightly better.

Im starting to lose hope of summon on the 3. On another note, our X has summon work flawlessly with keybob and the app. Tesla should include the key fob on the 3 for anyone who purchases EAP/FSD to get some sort of reliable summon.