Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon Feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure the beta state of the feature really has an impact on that issue, and unfortunately I suspect that there will probably not be much of a change.

The issue is that the car really cannot tell if the increased resistance is due to the fact that it is on a slope or is running into a person or an object that it’s sensors didn’t detect... all it knows is that it’s more difficult to move the can than it’s expecting and it aborts summon so it doesn’t do much damage if there has been an impact with something. Unless they can incorporate some additional sensors that might let the car know if it’s on an incline I don’t see them really making any chances to the amount of force allowed to be used to move the car during summon.

• Informative
Reactions: computerchuck
I’m not sure the beta state of the feature really has an impact on that issue, and unfortunately I suspect that there will probably not be much of a change.

The issue is that the car really cannot tell if the increased resistance is due to the fact that it is on a slope or is running into a person or an object that it’s sensors didn’t detect... all it knows is that it’s more difficult to move the can than it’s expecting and it aborts summon so it doesn’t do much damage if there has been an impact with something. Unless they can incorporate some additional sensors that might let the car know if it’s on an incline I don’t see them really making any chances to the amount of force allowed to be used to move the car during summon.
I spoke w/ Tesla support a couple of days ago, and he advised that it was NOT a matter of torque, but rather that the car senses that it is no longer on level ground. Whatever the reason, I am disappointed that I am not able to maneuver my S in and out of the garage.

My garage driveway has 1" level up which made my Tesla turned 30 dgr towards the side wall to enable the rear wheels climb... It obviously did not work in such a case. Have people tried to add a small step or ramp for the similar situation?