Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon tips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got a 2021 M3LR and use an iPhone.

I think Summon has been improved but still seems a bit hard to activate.

I had someone park too close the other day so did use it but it seemed like I needed to stand right by the driver door to get it to work and move the car back.

Any idea where the best place is for using it? Or any other tips?

Ah ok - so “that’s yer lot” at the moment. Oh well was handy in that situation as meant I could open the door without banging either car. Got some odd looks though - but possibly from the annoying person who blocked my door by parking next to me in a half empty car park.

As I posted that response yesterday I had just done something similar.

I was at Scotch Corner and had my goddaughter with me and was answering her many questions about Tesla, when charging was over I unplugged and then showed her how summon worked in its limited way, but useful for tight parking. I pulled the car forward 10 foot, got in and moved 20 foot to a parking space.

I was still explaining the software settings etc when I got a tap on the window and the driver of the Y that was charging next door asked me how I had done that as he had never got summon to work!

• Funny
Reactions: WilberDaForce