Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Value of FSD on resale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on my street driving use of it, I have no confidence in its ability to operate predictably or consistently.
If this is how you sell FSD, what is the chance of other person valuing it.

You need an informed buyer who will value it, but informed buyers also know how to get a deal.
When I bought my car used in Aug 2023, (less than a year later it's almost half price) FSD was $15k new but I paid maybe $1k more for a car with FSD vs similar cars without FSD.
where did you buy your used vehicle?

But but but it’s suppose to appreciate…

I just got my car totaled and will be fighting tooth and nail for Tesla subrogate to compensate me back for FSD. I had plan to keep my car for 10 years but it got cut short. I think any other insurance company may not acknowledge it so having Tesla accept the value through and attorney will be compelling.

If FSD was so revolutionary and valuable doesn’t why Tesla’s used inventory just install them in all their vehicles?

FWIW I estimated Tesla was bumping used car prices by about $3k when I picked up my used Model 3 a bit over a year ago.

Anything in the $1-3k range sounds pretty reasonable for FSD on used vehicles. It’s by far the best way to get FSD

FWIW I estimated Tesla was bumping used car prices by about $3k when I picked up my used Model 3 a bit over a year ago.

Anything in the $1-3k range sounds pretty reasonable for FSD on used vehicles. It’s by far the best way to get FSD
Tesla puts it on their used cars and sells them. Maybe at a $3k premium (although I thought they charged more but you can have it taken out if you buy used). But Tesla gives ZERO on trade ins for FSD. That is why the trade in value or resale value is ZERO. Someone working to sell private doesn't change the value. The added value is in the sales sweat. There is no financial rational to buying it vs paying the monthly fee.