Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They change their order page all the time. If you custom order a new vehicle from them and it is produced and delivered after the point when they moved that out of the coming soon section, it will probably have that feature. However, if you ordered an inventory vehicle after looking at the options for ordering now, then you may have gotten one that was created before the site said that, and as most Tesla employees will even tell you they practically have "model months" you can hardly complain about last month's model not coming with this month's feature, especially while that feature will likely be delivered in an update. Further, and this would be your only legitimate reason to complain (outside of never getting the feature / unless the site was saying that before they could deliver it, which would take some research to prove one way or the other), if you ordered a new vehicle from the site when it said that, but they delivered an inventory model that happened to match your specifications, it might not have that update yet.

That was the exact order page I had when I ordered the car. My car was built after I ordered, ended production last night according to the My Tesla page.

Did you bother to read that last sentence: "As these self-driving features evolve, your car will be continuously upgraded through over-the-air software updates"? Let me explain since that was apparently not clear enough to you: it means you may have to wait awhile for those listed features to show up on your car. Not complicated.

Your suggestion that people should sue Tesla (because they can't be bothered to read, as it turns out) is sophomoric rhetoric that in no way helps or improves this forum.

I can tell reading comprehension is not a very big thing with users on this website. Can you point out exactly where I said people should sue? I asked a question because as someone who handles, files and settles large litigation cases the wording on the website simply struck me as an open door for false advertising.

Since you cannot grasp the difference between a listed feature and a coming soon feature maybe I can explain to you since it is apparently not clear enough for you. They list as an active feature on their website something the car does not do currently. This is not a coming soon, in development and working on feature as others are listed. It says The car will come find you in a parking lot.

Gosh, I thought you clearly said "How does Tesla not get sued for this?". I must have imagined it. And I thought the sentence that the self-driving features are evolving, and that summons is listed under a self-driving feature, was pretty clear. But apparently I need professional help with my reading comprehension, and you are indeed the litigation professional that will set us all straight. Please keep up the good work making California a better place to live. And contributing useful input to this forum.

Gosh, I thought you clearly said "How does Tesla not get sued for this?". I must have imagined it. And I thought the sentence that the self-driving features are evolving, and that summons is listed under a self-driving feature, was pretty clear. But apparently I need professional help with my reading comprehension, and you are indeed the litigation professional that will set us all straight. Please keep up the good work making California a better place to live. And contributing useful input to this forum.

Gosh, you are right. I did pose that question. Now can you explain to you how asking that question is a suggestion? Now if I said 'Why don't we all file a class action for false advertising' would I then be suggesting people sue. However simply asking a question cannot be construed nor perceived as a suggestion or recommendation.