Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sun Roof and/or White Interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an email to configure today but I am a little hesitant. Anyone know if there will be a future sun roof option? I believe Elon may have said there isn't but maybe someone has seen something else?

Also, black interior is required for first production but something about the white is piquing my interest. Any insight or comments is very much appreciated!

My guess is an opening sunroof is quite a ways away. More critical updates come first. Long range AWD soon and hopefully with a white interior option in the PUP. Standard battery RWD/AWD, PUP and nonPUP after that.

I received an email to configure today but I am a little hesitant. Anyone know if there will be a future sun roof option? I believe Elon may have said there isn't but maybe someone has seen something else?

Also, black interior is required for first production but something about the white is piquing my interest. Any insight or comments is very much appreciated!

Maybe these photos will help? Keep in mind we're not sure if this is actually a production car or not but it's with white/black interior.

Pictures of production Model 3s

I too am hoping for a sunroof option on the AWD version. Have one in our MS and have always loved having a sunroof. I don't know that even Elon has commented on a sunroof though and I'm wondering if they have been working hard to minimize wiring in the cars to speed up production time and get through the vast orders for the Model 3 they already have, it is even a consideration at this point.

I want the AWD version for the motors and the SAS which it did sound like would be an option in one tweet or another I think. What I'd really love to have an option of in this car would the bioweapon defense mode. Too much polution and bad odors driving in the areas we live and use it frequently on our Model S. Again like the sunroof think that would/could be wishful thinking at this point. I can't wait to see the specs come out for this model version and hope it's any week now. I'd be happy to know them even if they haven't firmed up pricing yet.

I too am hoping for a sunroof option on the AWD version. Have one in our MS and have always loved having a sunroof. I don't know that even Elon has commented on a sunroof though and I'm wondering if they have been working hard to minimize wiring in the cars to speed up production time and get through the vast orders for the Model 3 they already have, it is even a consideration at this point.

I want the AWD version for the motors and the SAS which it did sound like would be an option in one tweet or another I think. What I'd really love to have an option of in this car would the bioweapon defense mode. Too much polution and bad odors driving in the areas we live and use it frequently on our Model S. Again like the sunroof think that would/could be wishful thinking at this point. I can't wait to see the specs come out for this model version and hope it's any week now. I'd be happy to know them even if they haven't firmed up pricing yet.

...yeah..at this point I will deal without the sunroof..maybe hold off my second reservation and sell my first one? ha..