Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sun visors annoyances

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 model Y RWD, maybe also other model, has a magnetic clip attaching one side of the visor. When trying to lower the visor, instead of rotating, it jumps out of the clip and smash into the windshield. Need to be really careful to keep the visor in the clip, not always possible when suddenly getting glare .
Yet again a poor Tesla design, for same costs or even lower better options are possible . Is this maybe the same design team responsibly for the steering wheel spherical thumbwheels??
However, is there any after market clip, a non magnetic one, available to replace the original magnetic clip? Not able to find one.

Reactions: beachmiles
For me, this was a different way to manage the visors. It took me a few times of using it to get comfortable with the difference. I like it much better now than the clips because I don't have to take my eyes off of the road to restore the visor after I no longer need it; just get it close and it pops imto place.

This is sort of like the outside door handles. It's different from what I was used to but it took just a little time to adapt.

These are some of the little things that make a Tesla different from all of the other cars on the road.

From 5- 6 cars of different manufacturers I owned this is the first time I had a problem with a sun visor. I even could not imagine that a sun visor can have problems... and it needs training to use it!
This is definitely not an improvement, but the opposite.

Use this instead.

sun-glasses-vector-illustration-realistic.jpg

Reactions: Yelobird
My magnetic visor clips work flawlessly and intuitively. In all my many decades of car ownership the only things I've ever seen that work better than magnetic visor clips are the spherical thumbwheels. Perhaps your car has some bad parts? Check out another model when you have a chance and see if there's a difference.

my passenger side visor works well, but driver side sucks. It's the typical Tesla crappy quality issue. It works great when it does, and doesn't when it doesn't.
The driver side always come off whenever I flip the visor down. I have never have so many little things/issues with any of my cheaper cars before M3.

Reactions: beachmiles