Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is still 20k+ buyers that own a Tesla that ordered the 3
Right, but when did they reserve, and where do they live?

Does a Tesla owner in Colorado get their car before a non Tesla Owner who bought at the same time in California?

Does a Tesla owner in California who reserved 9pm first day, get it before a non Tesla owner who reserved at 11am?

I'm assuming 1 is no, and 2 is yes, but I really don't know.

Does a Tesla owner in Colorado get their car before a non Tesla Owner who bought at the same time in California?

Does a Tesla owner in California who reserved 9pm first day, get it before a non Tesla owner who reserved at 11am?

I agree with your assumptions. Even though a significant number of those Model S/X owners with Model 3 reservations also live in California, there should be Model 3s available for first-time Tesla buyers here assuming the 2017 ramp up sticks to Elon's projections.

Here is my vote.

Person living in Danville Ca, that is a frustrated San Jose Sharks fan, that could not match his wardrobe if his life depended on it, really has no right to move up in the queue, should move up in the queue.

Just my two cents.

• Funny
Reactions: tracksyde
giphy.gif

So, after employees and existing Tesla owners, there's a good chance many Californians who reserved on Day 1 can get theirs in time for Christmas?

(Reminder to self: Look for a really big red bow)

I am an existing owner who ordered online (precisely when it open), I live in SoCal. When do you think I will get my 3? I will be getting an entry level model...close to 35k

I am an existing owner who ordered online (precisely when it open), I live in SoCal. When do you think I will get my 3? I will be getting an entry level model...close to 35k
Elon said that initially configuration options will be limited to basically color and wheels. However, that doesn't necessarily mean these first cars will be the base $35,000 models. For example, Trevor Page's "inside source" told him the initial cars will have the larger battery size. If that turns out to be true and if you really insist on getting the base model (with the smaller battery), you may have to wait longer than someone else similar to you (California existing owner who reserved on Day 1) who is willing to take whatever model configuration is produced first.

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP
Not sure. Because something like 100,000 people ordered before you.

So are you mixed in a "first day" bucket, where you'd go right after Tesla employees, and NoCal owners?

Or are you separated from people who waited in line? And you go after all of them?

I'm not sure we know.

Not sure. Because something like 100,000 people ordered before you.

So are you mixed in a "first day" bucket, where you'd go right after Tesla employees, and NoCal owners?

Or are you separated from people who waited in line? And you go after all of them?

I'm not sure we know.

I have no idea but I was like one of the very the first to order online. Current owner and I live near the service center in SoCal

Another question that I have:

We are an owner of an S. We reserved online around 7:15PM on March 31. We live in California.

So, presumably we will be among the first to receive notification to configure. If we choose not to configure when invited because of the limited choices that are available, what happens to our spot in line?

Do we forfeit our spot and go to the very end?
Will Tesla allow for a deferral of X weeks or months and we keep our place in line?
Does our window close after X days and then we can reopen it any time once we see the choices that we want become available?

Will this important detail be disclosed at the end of the month?

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Another question that I have:

We are an owner of an S. We reserved online around 7:15PM on March 31. We live in California.

So, presumably we will be among the first to receive notification to configure. If we choose not to configure when invited because of the limited choices that are available, what happens to our spot in line?

Do we forfeit our spot and go to the very end?
Will Tesla allow for a deferral of X weeks or months and we keep our place in line?
Does our window close after X days and then we can reopen it any time once we see the choices that we want become available?

Will this important detail be disclosed at the end of the month?
Elon Musk stated on Twitter that you will not forfeit your spot and will be able to wait. Beyond that I think anything else would just be a guess.

• Informative
Reactions: Matias
The question is Do you get the invitation to configure and

a) Say you want AWD, and it says you'll get another invitation closer to when AWD is ready
b) Configure your car, say you want AWD, and it says it'll be ready in X month.

No one knows but I would guess (and hope) that the answer is B. I would also hope that configuration availability is done in stages with a clear separation of at least several days between line-waiters, online day of reveal, after reveal, etc.

Q. Do we know the perfect rules to get an early car besides working for Tesla/SpaceX?
i.e. Live in CA, order 19inch wheels with largest battery (no AWD, no 18inch wheels), any color should be OK presumably.
If you want your base $35K model3 (18inch wheels, smallest battery), see you in 2019

Q. Do we know the perfect rules to get an early car besides working for Tesla/SpaceX?
i.e. Live in CA, order 19inch wheels with largest battery (no AWD, no 18inch wheels), any color should be OK presumably.
If you want your base $35K model3 (18inch wheels, smallest battery), see you in 2019
Actually, it's the base model first.

Those near Tesla factory, and then spreading out from there.

Do you suppose that the folks at Tesla have not yet figured out how to run the configurator and manage the 400,000+ reservations...and are getting good clues from us? Maybe they are just as dumbfounded and bewildered as us, and read these "If I was in charge, I'd roll it out this way" suggestions and take them back to the boiler room and then announce (base/awd/glass/rollout)...Perhaps the rules have yet to be written in stone. Perhaps WE can write them????