Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunroof Sunshade. Is WJM good?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am interested in getting sunroof sunshades in order to keep my model 3 from getting too hot when parked. I noticed that the Telsa sunroof sunshades are out of stock and I wondered if this might be good instead?
WJM Sunroof Sunshade Glass Roof Sunshade Skylight Blind Shading Net for Tesla Model 3
by WJM
Does anyone have any experience with that?

I could buy that now, or I could wait and hope that the Telsa one becomes available. I have no idea how long that will be. Does anyone have any advice on that?

Also, would you recommend getting both front and rear sunroof sunshades, or might just the front one be enough? I typically park in coastal California or a bit inland and would like to keep my car a bit cooler on sunny days. (I have a car cover (Evannex) but I usually only use that if I am not using the model 3 for a few days). I'd like another good option to keep the interior temperature in the 90's or thereabouts.

I have the front one in my Model 3 now and we have the front and rear in our MS. Very happy with all of them.

Just wish the Model 3's rear one didn't have to come all the way down on the car and cover the visible driving view out that rear window. Have held off getting it as a result. Probably not so much an issue during the day with sufficient lighting from outside but at night I can see it could restrict vision. Sure you could use the rear camera but don't see that as being ideal. Feel it's kind of like having a really dark tint on your rear window at night. And no one is going to want to take it in and out for day to night use.

I have the front one in my Model 3 now and we have the front and rear in our MS. Very happy with all of them.

Just wish the Model 3's rear one didn't have to come all the way down on the car and cover the visible driving view out that rear window. Have held off getting it as a result. Probably not so much an issue during the day with sufficient lighting from outside but at night I can see it could restrict vision. Sure you could use the rear camera but don't see that as being ideal. Feel it's kind of like having a really dark tint on your rear window at night. And no one is going to want to take it in and out for day to night use.
============
I use the rear view camera all the time. Much better view and helps to see cars in blind spot and what people behind you are doing.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
============
I use the rear view camera all the time. Much better view and helps to see cars in blind spot and what people behind you are doing.

Unlike the Model S's split view though, the Model 3 overlays the rear camera on top of your map and if you are using that you can't see both. I do sometimes use the rear camera but don't drive with it visible generally. Once at a light I was stopped at, got the alert that the guy behind me was like 12 inches from my rear bumper. Big pickup and sure looked close on the camera too. Not a great feel.

Unlike the Model S's split view though, the Model 3 overlays the rear camera on top of your map and if you are using that you can't see both. I do sometimes use the rear camera but don't drive with it visible generally. Once at a light I was stopped at, got the alert that the guy behind me was like 12 inches from my rear bumper. Big pickup and sure looked close on the camera too. Not a great feel.

Well I <usually> know where I'm going so I don't need the map. And I find the rear view camera gives me a better view of what is going on behind me -- and beside me -- and I really like that.

At first I thought it might be disorienting to have the pavement going backwards on the screen but I haven't found that to be the case at all.

Reactions: Kleenerth3

Attachments

• 3E95E436-2886-4528-A94E-8B0E9827B403.jpeg
    3E95E436-2886-4528-A94E-8B0E9827B403.jpeg
    291.1 KB · Views: 84