Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunshade included with new Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

I will be taking delivery of a new Model X in a couple of weeks and wanted to confirm if sunshades are included? I saw in one of the Model X delivery checklists from the forums that it is included now? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

Can't believe I am not the first to respond to this thread!

Your car should have a sunshade somewhere (trunk compartment/frunk). Early owners like myself had to wait several weeks for the sunshade...and you can always pick up a heat shield if you need something solid (not mesh) like the Tesla shade.

Can't believe I am not the first to respond to this thread!

Your car should have a sunshade somewhere (trunk compartment/frunk). Early owners like myself had to wait several weeks for the sunshade...and you can always pick up a heat shield if you need something solid (not mesh) like the Tesla shade.
Seriously, we need different terms for the ‘net cut down on light’ ones Tesla gives you/sells for all the overhead windows and the ones you can get for the windshields that we all have had for our old cars (and these) that are solid material/foil coated/whatever.

Maybe one is a ‘shade’ (overhead) and the solid windshield one is a ‘shield’? As you say, the front one is ‘heat shield’ also...

Seriously, we need different terms for the ‘net cut down on light’ ones Tesla gives you/sells for all the overhead windows and the ones you can get for the windshields that we all have had for our old cars (and these) that are solid material/foil coated/whatever.

Maybe one is a ‘shade’ (overhead) and the solid windshield one is a ‘shield’? As you say, the front one is ‘heat shield’ also...

I don’t really care about sunshades that cover the lower part of the Tesla windshield (or pretty much the entire windshield on every other car). I only care about the overhead protection, the heat shield I use covers the overhead area. Take a look at this: