TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Super chargers for Chicago to south florida

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Dr.K, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Dr.K

Dr.K Member

We usually drive our ice and stop overnight in Chattanooga. This year our Tesla! Seems a desert between Indianapolis and Chattanooga with not even an 80 amp charger in between. Any one know better?

2. billarnett

billarnett Member

The map shows superchargers along I-75 in Lexington KY and London KY.

3. caddieo

caddieo Member

True, but there are big gaps between Indy and Lexington (189 miles via Louisville) and between London and Chattanooga (207 miles). Perhaps some locals could provide more up to date information or alternative solutions.

4. mikeash

mikeash Active Member

If you have an 85, I imagine both of those gaps should be doable. Take the time to do a range charge before setting off and monitor your predicted arrival charge so you can adjust your speed as needed. (Note: I haven't done any supercharger trips yet so this is all just theoretical for me!)

5. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

EV Trip Planner calls for 230 rated miles or 69 kWh to make the trip from London to Chattanooga at 72F. I find their estimates to be slightly conservative so a range charge can get you there. Plenty of 30A chargers in TN if you need to stop for an hour to top off.