Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alexandria, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holiday Inn Downtown getting close to opening its doors

It was announced last year that the Fulton Hotel was to become a Holiday Inn, and on June 1 it will be open to the public - a day that those behind the process are very excited about.

The big announcement is that the hotel will be home to a Tesla supercharge station, something, we are told, is a very exciting feature for the area. (Tesla Motors designs and manufactures premium electric vehicles that have rechargeable batteries.)

Thank you for finding that.

It's the first Supercharger site found for I-49, and also the first on US-71, US-165 and US-167.

Well ... that's 219 miles from Lindale ... I can just barely make McKinney to Huntsville (201 miles) in the 85 ... granted, that is going 75-78mph almost all the way ... may be a stretch getting to Fla beaches that route (e.g. Lindale-Alexandria-RedStick)

Well ... that's 219 miles from Lindale ... I can just barely make McKinney to Huntsville (201 miles) in the 85 ... granted, that is going 75-78mph almost all the way ... may be a stretch getting to Fla beaches that route (e.g. Lindale-Alexandria-RedStick)

I suspect that unless there is some hangup with location/permits that Shreveport will be right behind Alex...

I found it last night while checking the News app on my iPad Pro. I have a Favorites set up for Tesla Motors:
IMG_0320.jpg

Which shows articles with "Tesla" somewhere in it. This is the current view after I scrolled it down just enough to show the link for this article:

IMG_0322.jpg

The article summary looked out of place, so I opened it to figure out why it was included. I thought perchance a street nearby was named Tesla or something. After reading it I realized I hadn't seen Alexandria on the supercharger.info map.

Last edited:
Pictures of Alexandria supercharger construction from last Friday. Thanks to Wendy and Randy Tannehill.

Attachments

• Alexandria supercharger 05.14.2016 a.JPG
    Alexandria supercharger 05.14.2016 a.JPG
    479.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Alexandria supercharger 05.14.2016 b.JPG
    Alexandria supercharger 05.14.2016 b.JPG
    552.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Alexandria supercharger 05.14.2016 c.JPG
    Alexandria supercharger 05.14.2016 c.JPG
    779 KB · Views: 137
  • Alexandria supercharger 05.14.2016 d.JPG
    Alexandria supercharger 05.14.2016 d.JPG
    579.8 KB · Views: 132
Dallas -> Florida Beaches

This location will help with travel from DFW to the beaches by cutting off almost an hour of travel time (rather than going through huntsville and back roads to lake charles) as well as potentially avoiding some of the I10 flooding issues like we has last year. I believe I have done I49 once (on the way back) rather than State49 + 98 in MS through Hattiesburg which I found to be slightly quicker. Either way, it is nice to have more than one pathway open. Looking forward to seeing this completed before mid July.