Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ran through there this morning on the way home from work. Started to get excited when I noticed orange cones but they were only there to protect the seal job done to the AMC parking lot. I should note that the far side of AMC's parking lot had not been sealed which tells me something is going to happen on that side of the lot soon. I'll keep an eye on things.

Ran through there this morning on the way home from work. Started to get excited when I noticed orange cones but they were only there to protect the seal job done to the AMC parking lot. I should note that the far side of AMC's parking lot had not been sealed which tells me something is going to happen on that side of the lot soon. I'll keep an eye on things.

Thanks for checking and posting.

IMHO, Whitehall is a critical start for I76 and Tannersville is just as critical for I80. Both of them are equally important E-W routes that also cross important N-S routes, and I hope some priority will be given to such intersections. I also think I86 from Albany to Binghampton, Elmira, Erie and beyond is nearly as important to populate with SCs.

New developments

Drove through this morning. A utility locating service was on property and flagged the entire east edge of the property near the AMC theater. Along this side is also where the main PP&L overhead feed runs. My guess is as soon as the interior work on the theater is finished (taking up area in the parking lot) excavating will begin for the supercharger.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 90
Steve, Thanks for the update! That almost looks like a back alley. What is around the area besides the Theatre?

The pictures are merely to show the flagging and all the utilities the crews are going to have to work around. The actual chargers will more than likely be in the main lot which also borders the east side of the property (towards the far end of the second picture) There's a Red Robin, Josh Early Candy, Dunkin Donuts, a bar and a diner if you're inclined to walk. The diner is the only 24 hr establishment aside from a gym in the immediate area.

I can not begin to tell you how frustrated I have been with Central PA Superchargers.

I was told when we got our car fall of 2013 that Harrisburg (Mechanicsburg specifically) was going to start construction any day now. And since then there have been at least 5 let downs for sites being picked and permits getting ready then permits being canceled, PA being top priority, etc. The central pa dots were on the 2014 map when we bought our car. Yet there still is not one made active.

If we are traveling long distance we are fine but for mid distance trips it is really frustrating because everything that is more than a 50% charge away is either driving 15 mph under the speed limit or finding one of the very few hotels with destination chargers. I can't make a day trip to the service center with out driving 1.5 hours out of my way to Newark to make the return trip.

So to get a realistic picture of how far you can travel in the winter in our area draw a circle 90 miles out (if you have an 85) and that is your range for an out and back trip. Everything from the edge of that circle to the next supercharger is not possible for a day trip. For multi destinations you have to bring that circle in and then that really requires some in depth planning.

I am beyond getting excited about dots on a map, permits being issued or even conex boxes showing up. The only thing at this point that will make me have hope in one of these central PA sites going live is when I see construction photos with the chargers attached to the ground.

So for dots on a map... Don't hold your breath.