Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm very happy that everyone will finally have a high speed charging option in the Valley though I will be somewhat disappointed that my HPWC will start collecting cobwebs. Still no Model-S in our stable. I'll just have to feel good that perhaps a few electrons from my solar panels get back fed into the grid and dispensed through the supercharger. :smile:

I'm very happy that everyone will finally have a high speed charging option in the Valley though I will be somewhat disappointed that my HPWC will start collecting cobwebs. Still no Model-S in our stable. I'll just have to feel good that perhaps a few electrons from my solar panels get back fed into the grid and dispensed through the supercharger. :smile:

Your place has been a fantastic asset to the EV community. Though I only used your place once in the wee hours of the morning, your place has been plan 'B' at least a half dozen times for us.

We thank you very much.

Ditto

Your place has been a fantastic asset to the EV community. Though I only used your place once in the wee hours of the morning, your place has been plan 'B' at least a half dozen times for us.

We thank you very much.

EVSteve
- ditto on what TheShadows said. You gave been the oasis of charging locations, and many thanks for the gracious use of your charging station. We look forward to the day when YOUR Tesla is charging there.

So... is this HPWC then for sale? :)

Also, is Allentown OPEN YET?!?!?! I'm driving up to the Tannersville one this weekend for S&G, I don't even think I need to charge there to get home. But if this is on the way I can get some pics.

Also, is Allentown OPEN YET?!?!?! I'm driving up to the Tannersville one this weekend for S&G, I don't even think I need to charge there to get home. But if this is on the way I can get some pics.

Open Yet? If you look at the pictures from, 4 days ago they were just laying the conduit. Based on the pattern of supercharger openings in the northeast, it'll be open the end of January.

Open Yet? If you look at the pictures from, 4 days ago they were just laying the conduit. Based on the pattern of supercharger openings in the northeast, it'll be open the end of January.

Jeez, that was depressing. Technically if you base it on the pattern of previous supercharger attempts in Allentown, it will be the 12th of Never!

I for one prefer glass half-full. However,… You're probably right.

You guys are harsh, I think getting any construction project involving multiple organizations done in a month or so (including Christmas) is quite an impressive feat!

Not harsh but rightfully disappointed in how long it is taking. When we ordered in August of last year it was because we were told Allentown would have a charger by the end of 2014. The only regular distance driving we do is Philly to Wilkes-Barre and you can't do a round trip on a single charge. Now for an entire year we've been driving to my in-laws, borrowing an ICE or soliciting a ride and driving 15 minutes to drop off our car over night at a L2 charger. We aren't in town long enough to trickle charge and hate the whole extension cord across a public sidewalk anyway. (No garage or driveway.)

That being said I'm still incredibly thankful and impressed about the SC network in general. But imagine how annoying it is when that smelly state to the east gets their zillionth supercharger in a small radius...

Not harsh but rightfully disappointed in how long it is taking. When we ordered in August of last year it was because we were told Allentown would have a charger by the end of 2014. The only regular distance driving we do is Philly to Wilkes-Barre and you can't do a round trip on a single charge. Now for an entire year we've been driving to my in-laws, borrowing an ICE or soliciting a ride and driving 15 minutes to drop off our car over night at a L2 charger. We aren't in town long enough to trickle charge and hate the whole extension cord across a public sidewalk anyway. (No garage or driveway.)

That being said I'm still incredibly thankful and impressed about the SC network in general. But imagine how annoying it is when that smelly state to the east gets their zillionth supercharger in a small radius...

There is now the SC at the Crossings Mall on 611 in Tannersville. Out of the way if you are taking 476 North to Wilkes Barre, but you could take 22E (Allentown exit off of 476) to RT 33N which goes into US80 West to Tannersville to charge, then back on 80W to 380 to Wilkes Barre. Also I thought the Turnpike was supposed to be installing some kind of chargers at various rest stops. Anyone know what happened to that?

Also I thought the Turnpike was supposed to be installing some kind of chargers at various rest stops. Anyone know what happened to that?

PlugInSites-org_PA_Turnpike_Map_Dec2015.png

Details:
PA Turnpike Fast Charging Stations | Plug In Sites EV Charging Stations

Lanny

There is now the SC at the Crossings Mall on 611 in Tannersville. Out of the way if you are taking 476 North to Wilkes Barre, but you could take 22E (Allentown exit off of 476) to RT 33N which goes into US80 West to Tannersville to charge, then back on 80W to 380 to Wilkes Barre. Also I thought the Turnpike was supposed to be installing some kind of chargers at various rest stops. Anyone know what happened to that?

If we were in the mood to shop we would but otherwise, it would be a pretty long ride compared to the usual 15 minute drive to drop the car off at a L2 for a few hours.

- - - Updated - - -

You REALLY need to get out more to contribute to Tesla's autopilot database. Philly to WB isn't doing your fair share. :)

This is true :)
We're going multi-state in the Spring.