Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Annapolis MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went by around noon today (Friday) and a meter is installed. But still no lights on.

From electrical contractor . .

upload_2019-3-15_21-21-18.png
upload_2019-3-15_21-21-18.jpeg

Sorry, I disagree. Besides there had been a coming soon in both locations recently, IIRC.

You can disagree, but that’s how it’s been for at least the past three years that I’ve been following the Supercharger buildout. Go to www.tesla.com/findus and have a look for yourself... the upcoming locations are all exactly centered on the location name on the map rather than in a place that actually makes sense. You don’t really expect them to install a Supercharger in the middle of Church Circle, do you? Another nearby example is Tysons - the pin suggests the middle of the Route 123/7 cloverleaf, but we know from permits that it’s going in Garage B at the mall.

You can disagree, but that’s how it’s been for at least the past three years that I’ve been following the Supercharger buildout. Go to www.tesla.com/findus and have a look for yourself... the upcoming locations are all exactly centered on the location name on the map rather than in a place that actually makes sense. You don’t really expect them to install a Supercharger in the middle of Church Circle, do you? Another nearby example is Tysons - the pin suggests the middle of the Route 123/7 cloverleaf, but we know from permits that it’s going in Garage B at the mall.

Another example is the (almost finished) supercharger in Riverdale Park (off Baltimore Ave.), There are no "findus" pins anywhere near that site. My guess would be that either the NE DC or the Beltsville pin on "findus" will disappear when Riverdale opens.

Reactions: Big Earl
OK, maybe I'm conflating supercharge.info and findus. So you never saw two Annapolis locations on findus?

I don't recall ever seeing two gray pins on the Tesla Find Us map. Supercharge.info's locations are all crowd-sourced and are usually correct, although nothing shows up on there until someone stumbles across an electrical permit online or sees evidence of construction. Tesla's Find Us page is more forward-looking, but at the expense of accuracy... they often add "coming soon" pins in desired locations before exact locations have been determined.

Since everyone in this thread seems familiar with the supercharger build out in this area, does anyone know if there’s been any progress on the chargers just south of Baltimore? Based on my driving patterns where I often drive east-west, a charger off 695, 100, or 32 would be extremely useful.

Since everyone in this thread seems familiar with the supercharger build out in this area, does anyone know if there’s been any progress on the chargers just south of Baltimore? Based on my driving patterns where I often drive east-west, a charger off 695, 100, or 32 would be extremely useful.

If you're referring to the Halethorpe Supercharger, then the last post on its thread ( Halethorpe, MD Supercharger status? ) a little over a month ago lists the expected location. I haven't driven there yet but maybe I will this week!

I *did* however drive by the Annapolis location on Saturday on the way home from Blackwater Distilling's new Tavern and snapped a picture of the meter sitting at all 0's. I'll upload it because, why not:

20190316_141217.jpg