Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Arlington, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this a busy location on a weekend (like a Sunday)? I'll be in a meeting for about 2.5 hours and I won't be able to leave to move the car when charging is complete. I wouldn't want to block someone else from charging but if it is rarely used because it is new I would consider doing it and paying any idle fee's tesla charges if it was half full. I wouldn't want to block anybody from charging though.

When I checked the status at 10pm yesterday, 9 stalls were in use. It’s getting busier every day.

Is this a busy location on a weekend (like a Sunday)? I'll be in a meeting for about 2.5 hours and I won't be able to leave to move the car when charging is complete. I wouldn't want to block someone else from charging but if it is rarely used because it is new I would consider doing it and paying any idle fee's tesla charges if it was half full. I wouldn't want to block anybody from charging though.
If the idle fees are $0.50-$1.00 per minute, and if you have the time, you might be better off parking in a non-supercharger spot during your meeting, and charging for 30-60 minutes afterward (or beforehand) while you grab something at Whole Foods.
Another option to consider, looking at PlugShare, is there are multiple L2 chargers in the immediate area. If you just need a partial charge during your meeting, you could use those instead.

Arlington is showing as limited service with only 5/18 available.

DE5FC708-7758-4163-9F5C-948983D011E5.png

Most of the chargers are dead. I did find 2B and 3A are working and produce 70 kW.

Ironically helped a couple who is up there and had rented a Tesla on Toro. They had 2 miles left of range and had been trying to supercharge around town for almost 8 hours. They had no idea about the Tesla map for Superchargers. Found them a stall with charge and got them on their way.