Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Arlington, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see it on mine either oddly...not that it matters since I live there lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190501-193727_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20190501-193727_Tesla.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 118
The Arlington Charger showed up for me today on the vehicle display but it wouldn’t charge for more than two to thee minutes before it would kick me off. (See image.) Someone else told me about the problem when I showed up so I was somewhat prepared for the disappointment. I tried two different chargers and when the same thing happened I went to WF, validated my time, and left.

It was a bummer, especially because I event checked this forum before heading that way for extra assurance.

Attachments

• 0835E7A3-BA44-48AF-B07D-D7283E8E3C8F.jpeg
    0835E7A3-BA44-48AF-B07D-D7283E8E3C8F.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
Itsuo - Not sure why you kept getting disconnected. I'm getting charged up as I type this without any issues. I've seen several others getting juiced up as well.

Hopefully you will have better luck next time!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190514-181442_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20190514-181442_Tesla.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: Itsuo-DC
Tried 4 chargers with no luck (charging stopped after 30 seconds or so). Was sitting on hold for Tesla support and got notification that 12V was running low. Was still plugged into the charger so wondering if it was draining the 12V trying to communicate w supercharger. Model X was there charging no prob. another Model 3 tried and same thing happened to them. Ours is LR-RWD

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
Tried 4 chargers with no luck (charging stopped after 30 seconds or so). Was sitting on hold for Tesla support and got notification that 12V was running low. Was still plugged into the charger so wondering if it was draining the 12V trying to communicate w supercharger. Model X was there charging no prob. another Model 3 tried and same thing happened to them. Ours is LR-RWD

What was your state of charge at the time?

It’s strange that you would get a low 12 volt power message at 27% state of charge. I suspect something is wrong with your vehicle.

Suspicion is that the 4 attempts to switch over to supercharging, having the display on and making a phone call (to Tesla support) through bluetooth in the car w AC on and getting no juice from the SC drained the 12V battery to the point of the error message. I could tell too when putting a a window down it felt weak, just glad I didn't drain the 12V all the way by accident. Gave up on talking to support after a while so couldn't confirm any issues through them.

After unplugging and switching back to drive for a minute there were no issues. Drove 40 miles and supercharged this morning at a different place w no problems. Will update if I learn anything more

• Informative
Reactions: vdiv and Big Earl
Is this a busy location on a weekend (like a Sunday)? I'll be in a meeting for about 2.5 hours and I won't be able to leave to move the car when charging is complete. I wouldn't want to block someone else from charging but if it is rarely used because it is new I would consider doing it and paying any idle fee's tesla charges if it was half full. I wouldn't want to block anybody from charging though.

Is this a busy location on a weekend (like a Sunday)? I'll be in a meeting for about 2.5 hours and I won't be able to leave to move the car when charging is complete. I wouldn't want to block someone else from charging but if it is rarely used because it is new I would consider doing it and paying any idle fee's tesla charges if it was half full. I wouldn't want to block anybody from charging though.
I don't think it'll be a problem and it appears you are aware you'll likely incur idle fees. You'll also have parking costs. Set the car to charge to 100% and arrive at as low of a state of charge as possible to minimize potential idle fees.

I don't think it'll be a problem and it appears you are aware you'll likely incur idle fees. You'll also have parking costs. Set the car to charge to 100% and arrive at as low of a state of charge as possible to minimize potential idle fees.
Or go to Whole Foods and buy [something] for the road trip back and they validate parking.

Reactions: preilly44