Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharger - Arnold, CA (temporary closure, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When was that? I guess I will call and make sure it works as I was up last summer and the damn thing was down!

About a month ago. I've had no problems charging there all winter, but recently I've been taking the truck up there as I'm tired of waiting a that slow charger + it actually gets some use on weekends. On weekdays I always see it empty.

You can also walk to the cafe across the street, I think it's the Bistro. Food is mediocre but patio is nice.

Reactions: dbsynergy
I have a Tesla HPWC listed on plugshare in Big Trees village. Feel free to ping me on plugshare if you need it.

@starke49 @Cheburashka

I see three J-1772 chargers in Dorrington , but no Tesla HPWCs. Is it one of those? I might be interested and would be willing to pay too if the charging situation in Arnold is not resolved. I will be spending quite a bit of time at a home on Wikami, so hopefully your charger is one of the ones near there!

My guess is their "communication issue" is their starlink dish is obstructed by very tall trees.

There is also no AT&T wireless service anywhere near here.

There is an underground AT&T splice box right next to the supercharger, and a Comcast node box very nearby too. I don't know how they usually connect superchargers to the internet. Since starlink and AT&T wireless is not an option, they may need to connect it with a fixed wired service instead.

PXL_20240513_213641551v2.jpg

Reactions: Cheburashka
My guess is their "communication issue" is their starlink dish is obstructed by very tall trees.

There is an underground AT&T splice box right next to the supercharger, and a Comcast node box very nearby too. I don't know how they usually connect superchargers to the internet. Since starlink and AT&T wireless is not an option, they may need to connect it with a fixed wired service instead.

View attachment 1046875
One would think they have run into this before with all the chargers, but I am always amazed at how million $+ projects can languish because of improper planning for communication. Ran into it often with Solar and battery installations and manufacturers not providing a LAN input port.

One would think they have run into this before with all the chargers, but I am always amazed at how million $+ projects can languish because of improper planning for communication. Ran into it often with Solar and battery installations and manufacturers not providing a LAN input port.
Firing everyone involved doesn't help either.

Last edited:
That's the Plan, Design, Build department tgat was layed off. Maintenance is done mostly by Tesla Energy division.

That's the plan? He fired 500 people because he did not like what the person in charge of the division said about laying off more than the 15-20% that she had just laid off? Stop drinking the koolaid. That is an insane thing for Musk to do and undermines the main benefit that Tesla has over the other EV manufacturers....all because he got angry. Absolutely insane.

That's the plan? He fired 500 people because he did not like what the person in charge of the division said about laying off more than the 15-20% that she had just laid off? Stop drinking the koolaid. That is an insane thing for Musk to do and undermines the main benefit that Tesla has over the other EV manufacturers....all because he got angry. Absolutely insane.
You completely misunderstood my response. @bmah is right, subject closed.

You completely misunderstood my response. @bmah is right, subject closed.

Well, you edited the post after I replied which changes the meaning quite a biy. And my reason for posting about the firings on this thread is that it's affecting this site that was operational seven weeks ago and would likely be up and running now.....if those employees were not fired.

• Funny
The fundamental difference between an outright purchase and a subscription is that the price of the subscription can change anytime. An outright purchase is basically a hedge against future price increases. If FSD keeps improving, I expect the subscription price to go back up, nudging users to go the purchase route. For now, a subscription obviously makes way more sense.

View attachment 1046875

This sounds like the most likely reason, agree. Starlink is very spotty if it doesn't have a perfectly clear view.

I wonder if they can use a Verizon sim card instead of an AT&T one over there. Would probably be the easiest solution.

Also strange how Arnold doesn't have any AT&T reception whatsoever anywhere in the town, yet there is reception along 4 in random areas with almost no population.