Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Azusa, CA (LIVE 3 Jul 2023, 16 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for the heads up! It’s been fun to visit sites again, etc. nice to see all the new sites and new configurations.

There is quite a bit of distance between these two spots but then again they will both be for charging
Yes, some set ups involve some serious conduit runs. If you want to see one of those crazy conduit runs, but done very neat and professionally, take a look at the set up at Sherman Oaks Supercharger.

Some photos from the Azusa location this morning.

It's progressing along but the foreman says they continued to be hampered by waiting on components

IMG_8765.jpg

IMG_8764.jpg

IMG_8763.jpg

IMG_8762.jpg

IMG_8761.jpg

Went by the other day. Looks mostly unchanged since the last photos were taken. Aside from the cabinet in the L2 charger area being installed now.
Yes, the progress on this location seems to be very slow. I expect this supercharger to be busy at all times since the increased amount of Teslas in the area and the nearest supercharges is in West Covina.

I visited this location on 7/3. Construction was done, posts were lighting up, I tried charging but it didn’t start, so I’m assuming the location is still offline. Hopefully it’s a matter of days until it’s online.

The area is heavy on Teslas, I’m expecting this location to be BUSY. Also, the target parking lot is very tight and people will have some trouble pulling in and out and lining up when it’s all occupied. I’m also not sure how this will play with some of the skaters that always go there, some smokers, or some of the homeless that show up there.

IMG_2620.jpeg

IMG_2621.jpeg

Went to check out the new station after seeing 1 stall available in the app. Sadly I tried all 16 stalls hoping to get one that had been commissioned. Most stalls turned red immediately with a charge error. Two turned green and started a charge, then immediately red. Only one handicap stall (4D) allowed me to charge for about 20 seconds before failing.

I thought it was interesting that the app was showing free charging for this station but don't let that fool you.

Since I left, this location was added to Find Us and I'm sure it will get fully commissioned in the next couple of days, if not hours. Pricing changes sure to follow I imagine.

Screenshot_20230703_215247_Tesla.jpg

20230703_220744.jpg