Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baker, CA (LIVE / EXPANDED 40 V2 + 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The closest bathroom situation at this location is terrible, I believe it was 2 urinals and a stall on the Men's side. Imagine 100+ chargers including the Electrify America station and the gas station at the same location with these kind of facilities? Hopefully there is an improvement in the available amenities with such a large expansion. The Yermo charger is way smaller than this location and the convenience store is large and the bathroom facilities are top notch.
People are liable to get pissed off.

• Funny
Reactions: house9 and Fiver
TL;DR. Is this thing ever close to full? I’ve charged here and it was as empty as could be on a weekend evening. I also don’t remember hearing any of the KC or Tejon horror stories from this charger.
I was at the Baker supercharger on November 6 at about 5:30 pm. About have the stalls were being used, so would imagine it be long before they reach capacity. Trash cans and bathrooms could use more attention.

An observation while I was at the Baker Supercharger on Saturday on the way to Vegas. I noted there are two handles that were broken, one does not charge, the other one won't go into the port as the handles seem to have been abused, like dropping on the ground too many times.

I swing the broken handles over the top to indicate that they are not working. So I moved to a working handle a couple of stalls over. Then a Model Y pulls up to one of the broken stalls with the handle swing over the top. The driver got out and plug in, of course, didn't work. Instead of swing the handle back over the top of the stall he drops it on the ground. Why do people do that, such an ass move. I got out of my car and told the Y driver that the handle swings over the top mean it's broken. Didn't think he cares about the message, just look at me funny and got back into his car. I went over to the broken handle on the ground and swing it over the top again as the douche Y driver can't be bothered to do that.
On the charger is information on how to report a damaged or inoperable stall. Yes, Tesla owners need to be courteous and help the situation.

Reactions: KJD
I’m going to go out on a limb that tesla is preparing to make the most highly traveled corridors loaded with chargers to support non tesla charging.

The closest bathroom situation at this location is terrible, I believe it was 2 urinals and a stall on the Men's side. Imagine 100+ chargers including the Electrify America station and the gas station at the same location with these kind of facilities? Hopefully there is an improvement in the available amenities with such a large expansion. The Yermo charger is way smaller than this location and the convenience store is large and the bathroom facilities are top notch.
The U.S., needs to do like Europe, make all bathrooms coin/pay facilities. Certainly would generate enough revenue to keep them clean.

Let us know the next time you're at a public restroom with a bad case of the trots, and no change in your pocket.

(And from my limited time visting the EU, the small fee paid for an attendant who kept the restroom clean.)
Hook up Apple Pay to the doorknob!

In all seriousness the bathrooms need improvement here, especially when the gambling bus rolls in with a bus full and they all gotta go.

The Kettleman site actually requires a passcode that is on the car navigation if you click on the supercharger. I have been here many times it works to go into the main site or the outside bathrooms if the main area is closed because no one is working.
Yes, that's right. I have only been there once, last year and forgot how I got into the facility. Thanks for the reminding me.

The Tesla supercharger facility at Kettleman City on U.S. 5 requires your Tesla key for entry.
That’s because Tesla owns that facility. Baker, can’t do it unless the owner wants to do it cause an inconvenience for other non Tesla customers having to ask the staff for a code each time. Tesla needs to add public restrooms at these mega charging sites and control them with that key code.

Once Electricity opens in that same lot and other non Tesla charges there, the line will to the restrooms will be ridiculous and dirty.

That’s because Tesla owns that facility. Baker, can’t do it unless the owner wants to do it cause an inconvenience for other non Tesla customers having to ask the staff for a code each time. Tesla needs to add public restrooms at these mega charging sites and control them with that key code.

Once Electricity opens in that same lot and other non Tesla charges there, the line will to the restrooms will be ridiculous and dirty.
Do you mean Electrify America because they already have chargers there and are currently expanding their location as well. I do agree that dedicated bathrooms are really needed in a location like this that is only expanding.

An opportunity for the businesses to improve and expand their facilities, it can be a gold mine..

Do you mean Electrify America because they already have chargers there and are currently expanding their location as well. I do agree that dedicated bathrooms are really needed in a location like this that is only expanding.
FWIW, the EA site has 4 additional chargers in place now in addition to the prior 8. Construction fence is still in place so the entire site is still down. Was there yesterday. And agree that the restroom situation will need to be addressed by someone.

RT

Reactions: ElectricCyclist
I have seen a lot of people rip this location for dirty bathrooms. I have never it found it a problem. With family in Vegas, we stop to charge and use the facilities and get a DQ Blizzard, junk food or a sandwich. I like this location. My bladder doesn't have the range our car has (it's hell to get old). I think their bathrooms are fine. Yes, if non-Teslas can use it in the future, an expansion of the bathrooms will be needed. But I've never seen more than 15 cars there at a time. Usually less.

Never seen this packed but now on my way to Vegas first time I seen this …bring on the V3s!
B80ECB06-2912-47AD-BA92-E3A0AF48E1BB.jpeg