Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baker, CA (LIVE / EXPANDED 40 V2 + 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just arrived here. Half the stalls are roped off and the cabinets look toast. Literally. But still able to get full power on the other 20

Attachments

• PXL_20230102_031203378.jpg
    PXL_20230102_031203378.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 293
There's a better picture on Plugshare: Baker Supercharger | PlugShare

Looks like Tesla had the mobile Supercharger on a trailer on site and the Megapack on the trailer caught on fire. Also is that trailer a new variant since it has 2 V3 cabinets on it?

Not sure why they haven't moved the trailer yet.

View attachment 891257
Here are the pics from when I was there on 1/1/2023.

Attachments

• 0AF290B7-3D80-4EFB-A29B-A3FBB6E13707.jpeg
    0AF290B7-3D80-4EFB-A29B-A3FBB6E13707.jpeg
    623.7 KB · Views: 201
  • 3C74F548-0723-45E1-A754-1A4CCB2FE113.jpeg
    3C74F548-0723-45E1-A754-1A4CCB2FE113.jpeg
    577.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 0C435B44-FB8C-48B4-87FB-79FEF2263CEE.jpeg
    0C435B44-FB8C-48B4-87FB-79FEF2263CEE.jpeg
    597.2 KB · Views: 211
Megapack fire, not good.

There were reports of two of those trailers back in May.

Just arrived here. Half the stalls are roped off and the cabinets look toast. Literally. But still able to get full power on the other 20
The cabinets that are toast are just for the mobile charging trailer which are additional stalls to the 40 V2. The 20 that are offline are likely just due to proximity to the trailer, not because the equipment is out.

There's a better picture on Plugshare: Baker Supercharger | PlugShare

Looks like Tesla had the mobile Supercharger on a trailer on site and the Megapack on the trailer caught on fire. Also is that trailer a new variant since it has 2 V3 cabinets on it?

Not sure why they haven't moved the trailer yet.

View attachment 891257
Probably haven't moved for insurance reasons.

I was here over thanksgiving weekend. It's disappointing that all the new V3s (the entire back half of the site) are not operational yet. The site was very busy both Friday morning and Saturday morning when I went through there. I got lucky and didn't have to share on Saturday with a max of about 120kw. On Friday I found two shared units unused but one maxed out at 40kw... I moved to the one it shared with and was only able to pull 70kw. There were a couple stalls offline as well.

The new stalls need to open ASAP as this is a very busy stop between LA and Vegas. The new supercharger station in north Yermo was completely offline.

Reactions: Falcon73
I was here over thanksgiving weekend. It's disappointing that all the new V3s (the entire back half of the site) are not operational yet. The site was very busy both Friday morning and Saturday morning when I went through there. I got lucky and didn't have to share on Saturday with a max of about 120kw. On Friday I found two shared units unused but one maxed out at 40kw... I moved to the one it shared with and was only able to pull 70kw. There were a couple stalls offline as well.

The new stalls need to open ASAP as this is a very busy stop between LA and Vegas. The new supercharger station in north Yermo was completely offline.
Whoa there! These units have been installed for a very long time. It is most likely an issue with the utility. Baker likely is reaching its limits on available electrical service and so Tesla may be waiting on the utility to make necessary upgrades.

When I bought my Model S in 2012, there were 6 Supercharger locations in the entire world. Sometime patience and understanding is virtue..

can anybody who is charging here take a picture of the expansion and see which of them are active? Or if there is a mobile trailer with V3 stalls? Tesla.com is reporting 20 250kw stalls as being active.

this is also posted in the expansion thread (which may be merged with this one since it is an expansion and not a separate site as initially thought due to separate addresses on permits) so hopefully someone charging there this weekend can report back with pictures of how things are.

• Helpful
Reactions: corywright
can anybody who is charging here take a picture of the expansion and see which of them are active? Or if there is a mobile trailer with V3 stalls? Tesla.com is reporting 20 250kw stalls as being active.

this is also posted in the expansion thread (which may be merged with this one since it is an expansion and not a separate site as initially thought due to separate addresses on permits) so hopefully someone charging there this weekend can report back with pictures of how things are.

Moderator note: Unfortunately we can't really merge two long threads (500+ and 80+ posts respectively) in any way that makes logical sense, so I've locked the thread for the expansion, which we'll preserve for posterity:

All further discussion of the newly-expanded Baker, CA site should take place in this thread.

Thanks,

Bruce.

Last edited:
We stopped by Baker last Thursday, December 21, and found that there are 3 additional rows of chargers behind the front two double charger rows positioned perpendicular to the front charger rows. Some of the new rows have active chargers with cables running over the pavement, and the center row just has covered chargers not yet functional. In addition, there are two semi trucks in the back with chargers and batteries, but I did not test them out. Did not eat at the DQ or Jersey Mikes, but drove a mile to the east and had a great meal at the Mad Greek cafe on the corner, easy to see.