Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bakersfield, CA - Camino Del Rio Ct (LIVE 22 Dec 2023, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got up close and personal! Fences are down! Parking lot is cleaned up. Just need the stalls installed. Counted 20 bases total. 3 stalls for forward parking. 2 sets of trash can bins as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2031.jpeg
    IMG_2031.jpeg
    710.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2032.jpeg
    IMG_2032.jpeg
    623.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2029.jpeg
    IMG_2029.jpeg
    750.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2027.jpeg
    IMG_2027.jpeg
    551.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2028.jpeg
    IMG_2028.jpeg
    463.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2026.jpeg
    IMG_2026.jpeg
    690 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2030.jpeg
    IMG_2030.jpeg
    657.7 KB · Views: 122
Something to consider here…this is a Hilton property. Recently, Hilton and Tesla announced their partnership on charging stations. Wondering if this is a unique setup based on that partnership, plus a bit of future proofing. Just a thought.
There wouldn’t be anything unique to Hilton. Tesla is not in the business of branding or modifying their superchargers for site owners. Making the land available to install is great but I have a feeling the partnership is more geared towards HPWCs than SCs. Guests staying there don’t need DCFC.

I am getting eager for them to get this done. I have family in Bakersfield and no nearby fast charging. I stopped by today, and it looks like they are getting closer. PG&E was there doing some work/inspection. Clearly 20 stalls, some in forward, handicap, most back-in. Hoping they get this up an running soon. For the electrical/technical experts, I am not sure if there is any additional info in these pics.
IMG_2762.jpeg
IMG_2763.jpeg
IMG_2764.jpeg
IMG_2765.jpeg

It seems odd that there are no installed stalls.
The bases look different from what we've seen before, with an added square-profile of concrete. This is likely the first installation with the new V4 pedestal design which, as far as I know, only been seen in diagram form so far. If that's the plan, we may be waiting on the new style of pedestal to actually become available.

The bases look different from what we've seen before, with an added square-profile of concrete. This is likely the first installation with the new V4 pedestal design which, as far as I know, only been seen in diagram form so far. If that's the plan, we may be waiting on the new style of pedestal to actually become available.
The square wood form on top is just protecting the bolts for mounting the pedestals. There two versions of the precast bases. This rectangular version has room for mounting sign bollards and can handle both V3 and V4 pedestals while the older style has a built in oval for the V3 pedestal mounting but are smaller so no bollard mount points.

All the pictures for V4 installations I can find have the stall behind the car, not on the side. But I guess they could install them differently in the US.

All the pictures for V4 installations I can find have the stall behind the car, not on the side. But I guess they could install them differently in the US.
Very true, the point being the longer cable can reach both sides if placed at the middle back of the stall so it will be more compatible with non Tesla vehicles. Maybe these will be a form of V3 with magic dock and built in pay station like the V4 in Europe have? Trying to figure out what the extra small conduit would be used for.

Any way you shake it, it’s different than vanilla V3 and the fact that Tesla Energy is performing the install instead of a contractor makes it seem like it will be different.

The square wood form on top is just protecting the bolts for mounting the pedestals. There two versions of the precast bases. This rectangular version has room for mounting sign bollards and can handle both V3 and V4 pedestals while the older style has a built in oval for the V3 pedestal mounting but are smaller so no bollard mount points.
I thought I saw extra concrete on top of some of them, but now I think I was mistaken. Some of the wood frames looked quite a bit lighter than the others in the posted photos, and I had assumed it was poured concrete.

Got up close and personal! Fences are down! Parking lot is cleaned up. Just need the stalls installed. Counted 20 bases total. 3 stalls for forward parking. 2 sets of trash can bins as well.
Just drove by and snapped these pics. Looking forward to this location since I have family in town as well.
View attachment 979049View attachment 979050View attachment 979051
Can someone swing by and snap some pics of the electrical plates on the charging cabinets? Just wanting to confirm the cabinets are V3 and will be hooked up to V4 posts or if they are starting to roll out upgraded V4 cabinets to pair with V4. Thanks!

Reactions: Zoomit