Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bakersfield, CA - Camino Del Rio Ct (LIVE 22 Dec 2023, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What benefit does a V4 stall have with V3 capabilities? Magic Dock / longer cables?
There's no benefit yet that I can see with V4 stalls, other than the screen/card readers and longer cables, since the control cabinets are still V3. Once V4 cabinets are available I'm sure replacement of the cabinets is straightforward since stalls, conduit, cables, etc. is likely already spec'd for V4 control cabinets once available.

There's no benefit yet that I can see with V4 stalls, other than the screen/card readers and longer cables, since the control cabinets are still V3. Once V4 cabinets are available I'm sure replacement of the cabinets is straightforward since stalls, conduit, cables, etc. is likely already spec'd for V4 control cabinets once available.
The current benefit is longer cables and built in magic dock along with card reader and screen so they can be used for some government incentives (still not NEVI compatible do to power sharing).

Hopefully the don’t even need to replace cabinets for V4, just internal components that need to be upgraded from 400VDC to 1000VDC, namely the AC to DC converter. The wiring from switchgear to cabinets and cabinets to posts should already be beefed up for new installs.

From Tesla.com, "All V4 Superchargers are equipped with a longer cable, providing easy access for all EVs. V4 currently supports peak rates of up to 250kW per vehicle and is future-proofed to allow for updates and new features." Elsewhere, Tesla confirmed that V4 will be capable of 350kW per Vehicle. The longer cables and higher voltage might not help Model 3/Y owners much, but it should be useful in the future for Cybertrucks and non-Teslas that have bigger batteries.

From Tesla.com, "All V4 Superchargers are equipped with a longer cable, providing easy access for all EVs. V4 currently supports peak rates of up to 250kW per vehicle and is future-proofed to allow for updates and new features." Elsewhere, Tesla confirmed that V4 will be capable of 350kW per Vehicle. The longer cables and higher voltage might not help Model 3/Y owners much, but it should be useful in the future for Cybertrucks and non-Teslas that have bigger batteries.
My 2023 Model Y has an option code that says "CH16 Charger 48 Amp PCS1 Charger Hardware (RENA) w/ Busbar improvements allowing 300kW charging". Which I hope means once v4 is rolled out with 350 kW charging they will possibly allow capable vehicles to charge at 300 kW.

My 2023 Model Y has an option code that says "CH16 Charger 48 Amp PCS1 Charger Hardware (RENA) w/ Busbar improvements allowing 300kW charging". Which I hope means once v4 is rolled out with 350 kW charging they will possibly allow capable vehicles to charge at 300 kW.
Where is this info referenced in the car? Service mode?

Somebody on Reddit pulled my option codes using my VIN from some service software (I think they work at an authorized repair facility with tools from Tesla). It apparently shows a full list of all the option codes for my vehicle and the 300 kW charging was one of them.
Yeah, that level of detail is usually a lookup query against Tesla's database. I've seen it for mine a couple times at a service center and it is live data that includes the fact I've had the computer upgrade done... not just "decoding" what's embedded in the VIN.

Looks like they are installing a new transformer?

Attachments

• IMG_0354.jpeg
    IMG_0354.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0356.png
    IMG_0356.png
    2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0357.png
    IMG_0357.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: Limited