Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bakersfield, CA - Camino Del Rio Ct (LIVE 22 Dec 2023, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0633.jpeg
IMG_0634.jpeg
IMG_0635.jpeg

Yes, but the pictures show a Tesla energy van and two non teslas. That is not the provisioning crew. Transformer being in and some final wiring being done means it is that much closer but still need the provisioning crew to turn it on.
I think it will happen really soon, last two days the stalls have been empty with no work and they are not closed off or anything. Just looks like an empty supercharger lol.

Four superchargers in Bakersfield now. That's just crazy.
Eh. Only 1 “in Bakersfield”. Copus and Enos are not even close (think firebaugh) and at least Sockdale is at the Bakersfield exit on I5 but still 18 miles from the city center and at least 8 miles from any civilization remotely attributed to Bakersfield (Stockdale/crosstown 58 interchange)
1703404611926.png

Got to use this supercharger a couple of times this week during a trip. Based on observations from the app and the times I was there, this place has been busy from day 1: mostly full with some waits but it seems to turn over fast.

The performance at this charger with a properly preconditioned battery was fantastic. I saw 261 kW soon after arriving at 15% and it held that rate to about 25% on my Model S Plaid.

The location is very good at a Doubletree hotel. Restrooms are easily accessible inside the hotel and there are a few dining options across the street including Black Angus, Carl’s Jr, and Taco Bell. Costco was an easy walk across the street and that’s where I went during my first stop to use the restrooms and to the food court.

Southbound freeway on and off access is easiest but northbound access is not terribly bad.

On a side note, one of the times that I was charging here, I had a Hertz renter at the stall next to me ask me why his Tesla was taking so long to charge. I went ahead and explained battery preconditioning and figured I’d give them the full on Tesla orientation since it looks like Hertz just hands keys and that’s about it.

Glad this stop is now here and judging by the 20 stalls being constantly filled up, it’s obvious it was sorely needed and here’s to hoping Bakersfield proper gets many more.
IMG_0319.jpeg