Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bakersfield, CA - Enos Ln. (LIVE 16 Sep 2022, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This isn't on Tesla's Find Us map yet that I can see:
1663709332160.png

I haven't finished watching
but it looks like this is the SC site he's talking about.

This is judging by EA at Shell Bakersfield (1) | PlugShare w/a the Taco Bell in the pics (and in Kyle's video) with Shell Bakersfield (2) | PlugShare nearby. Too bad it looks like no Tesla drivers checked into Plugshare's SC entry whatever day that was.
I watched the video. He’s a drama queen fishing for clicks. One entire supercharger down is a rare occurrence. It’s not a common occurrence that is going to doom the world of EVs.

He also makes it sound like there’s hardly any superchargers being built in CA. There’s certainly plenty in the pipeline, at least to somewhat keep up with Tesla demand.

EA, I do agree with his assessment but here he equates one rare occurrence of “an entire supercharger site is down” to “now Tesla is just like EA” which, like I said, is false and just smells of looking for YouTube hype and clicks.

I usually enjoy Kyle's videos however this was beyond stupid, “don’t by a Tesla in California if you don’t have home chagrin”
I guess he is a clickbait queen, unsubscribed to his channel.

And if you are not familiar with the area there are multiple chargers nearby.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1100MCM
To be fair, in California you are much more likely to find an entire site down due to electrical company shutoffs.

Watched with no sound but it seems odd that a site would be down and the nav would still send you there as evidenced by multiple vehicles there for more than an attempted plug in and leave.

To be fair, in California you are much more likely to find an entire site down due to electrical company shutoffs.

Watched with no sound but it seems odd that a site would be down and the nav would still send you there as evidenced by multiple vehicles there for more than an attempted plug in and leave.
It’s unlikely to be PG&E outage considering everything else on the property had power: gas station, EA site, etc.

Looks like 2 broken stalls and 2 broken cabinets.
The original site was 3 PSU units for 12 stalls. The app showing 22 means more stalls were added or someone messed up on the backend. 10 additional is odd. As is the numbering evident showing 7 cabinets which would be up to 28 stalls. And if there are 4 new cabinets, two of them are online with 1 stall each out of order Which should mean 28 stalls, not 22. Very odd.

The original site was 3 PSU units for 12 stalls. The app showing 22 means more stalls were added or someone messed up on the backend. 10 additional is odd. As is the numbering evident showing 7 cabinets which would be up to 28 stalls. And if there are 4 new cabinets, two of them are online with 1 stall each out of order Which should mean 28 stalls, not 22. Very odd.
In other markets, they commonly connect only 3 pedestals to each V3 cabinet. I can imagine a situation (not necessarily applicable here) where the parking didn't allow for multiples of 4 pedestals, so they didn't connect all the possible posts. This has the side benefit of providing a higher average power per vehicle when a site is fully occupied.

In other markets, they commonly connect only 3 pedestals to each V3 cabinet. I can imagine a situation (not necessarily applicable here) where the parking didn't allow for multiples of 4 pedestals, so they didn't connect all the possible posts. This has the side benefit of providing a higher average power per vehicle when a site is fully occupied.
Yes, however, looking at the stall numbers, there are 4 new cabinets (4, 5, 6, 7). If there were only 3 stalls per cabinet then they wouldn’t list 4D, 5D and 6D as out of order because they wouldn’t use D for those 3 stall cabinets. And 3x4=12 so again the total stall count would not be 22.