Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Upland, CA (under construction Jan 2024, 64 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Caught! I did use the word abandoned. It’s just interesting that the contractors stopped any forward progress at the same time of the layoffs. Obviously they will finish these sites but now it’s a matter of how long.
Thanks for acknowledging. There was a pause after the email was sent out saying they had to reorganize and payments would be delayed. But they should be through the worst of that and moving forward again.

Reactions: SilverSp33d3r
Yes all striping landscaping and 2 green boxes for HV distribution. All we need are transformers 🤗

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpeg
    IMG_0005.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 16
Blame non teslas being able to use NACS. Otherwise there would be bollards to protect the posts.
@1FrostySlime it is documented that once Tesla opened up NACS to other manufacturers that they starting removing the protective bollards from sites so vehicles like the Lightning could pull closer to V3 stalls so the cables can reach. Are you disagreeing with this?

@1FrostySlime it is documented that once Tesla opened up NACS to other manufacturers that they starting removing the protective bollards from sites so vehicles like the Lightning could pull closer to V3 stalls so the cables can reach. Are you disagreeing with this?
As far as I can tell from looking through a random assortment of photos from before the NACS migration chargers like this where there is a curb between the charger and the parking not have not had bollards to protect them.

What is interesting though is every V4 stall install I looked into does have bollards regardless of the placement. Given that Tesla could have made this a V4 stall install if they wanted as this install began after V4 stalls began being deployed Tesla could have avoided this situation by doing such and installing bollards for this install but they didn't. As such the fault primarily lies with them (and the idiots who somehow manage to run into a stall in the first place) not the NACS migration.

As far as I can tell from looking through a random assortment of photos from before the NACS migration chargers like this where there is a curb between the charger and the parking not have not had bollards to protect them.

What is interesting though is every V4 stall install I looked into does have bollards regardless of the placement. Given that Tesla could have made this a V4 stall install if they wanted as this install began after V4 stalls began being deployed Tesla could have avoided this situation by doing such and installing bollards for this install but they didn't. As such the fault primarily lies with them (and the idiots who somehow manage to run into a stall in the first place) not the NACS migration.

A simple forum search for bollards removed returned those amongst many more threads. The quoted summaries are not accurate to the posts about bollards but clicking will take you to the correct posts. You will need to scroll back to see evidence of bollards previously installed. All have curbs and previously had bollards/signs. Curbs will protect charge posts from the relatively short rear overhang of Tesla vehicles but they still put signs and bollards in.