Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Beaumont, TX - Walden Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hmm
I wonder if this is another EA location and not Tesla
Yes, it is. Or at least EA is going to build a station at that Walmart. I suppose it's possible that Tesla might as well, but I'm doubtful. Regardless, I believe that the TESS notice that @TexasEV based his post on was in fact for the EA installation. We've seen that a number of the EA locations have been listed as "for Tesla" on these surveys. For a list of sites in Texas that I've linked to EA installations: Texas Electrify America fast charging locations

I explain how I linked this Vidor location to EA in this post in the San Antonio Supercharger thread (same logic but for the Vidor EAB filing): Supercharger - San Antonio, TX

I can't agree. Winnie would be closer to half way between Channelview and Lake Charles and would be useful for trips to/from Bolivar. Also I think Parkdale mall would be a terrible location, too far from the interstate through often slow traffic.

Reactions: DrAtomic
I can't agree. Winnie would be closer to half way between Channelview and Lake Charles and would be useful for trips to/from Bolivar. Also I think Parkdale mall would be a terrible location, too far from the interstate through often slow traffic.

I don't know how you figure that Winnie is more halfway between Channelview and Lake Charles when it's about an hour and a half from Lake Charles and not even 45 minutes from Channelview. Beaumont is right about an hour from each.

I'm not worried about a trip to Bolivar, either. If I were coming from or through Beaumont, a good charge there would be more than enough, even if I all I did was plug into a 115V outlet wherever I was staying. If I'm coming through Galveston, the Webster supercharger serves the same purpose.

I do agree that Parkdale is not a good location. A supercharger would be much more useful on I-10, but the larger issue is that any amenities (including restrooms) are available only during mall hours. If you happen to be passing through earlier in the morning or later at night, you're SOL. We've had to deal with that at other superchargers (such as Texarkana), and that's no fun.

What I want most out of any supercharger stop is a restroom that's available 24/7 and a safe place to get out of the car and stretch my legs. Anything else is "nice to have" and can be handled without additional stops. Even a hotel is better than a closed shopping center or mall because, at least, you have a place you can go inside and use a restroom. Our favorite stops are the ones like Nacogdoches and Flatonia.

let me know if you are interested in starting a Tesla club in SETX.
I was just on plug share to see if there was any new public chargers in Clear Lake. Didn't see any but sure seen a lot more home chargers in the area...

homecharger.JPG