Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Beaumont, TX - Walden Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ABetterRouteplanner.com sez you can make it from the Channelview Supercharger along IH-19 to the Lake Charles Supercharger in a Model 3 SR+.
However, there is something highly piscatorial, as the Channelview S/C doesn't appear properly. However, comma, that GUI is as buggy as the first
FORTRAN program anything I ever wrote.

View attachment 736361
That is such a large hole in the system.

I got this from Beaumont, TX 77701 - Electric Car Charging Stations Map. I have no idea how accurate it is.
View attachment 736362
In my M3SR+ I would be tempted to stop at the ENTERGY site for a quick sip, so I could try for North Houston. But with the Houston
traffic, it would be a bit of a pants wetter. In my M3LRAWD, I would feel better.
As you may be aware, the Beaumont S/C was dangled before our hungry eyes for quite awhile, then it vanished.
Let us know how you get on.
My first FORTAN program in 1969 had no bugs and ran correctly on the first attempt. I still have the cards. I was just at the Channelview Supercharger a couple of weeks ago and it worked without problems.

ABRP is showing signs of not being accurate for Supercharger uptime. A better resource is the plugshare app, or their webpage PlugShare.com.

If you happen to have trouble with the Channelview Supercharger, I’d suggest a short session at one of the L2 chargers in the area that will get you to another Houston area Supercharger.

I've charged in Channel View a few times. It's an ok spot, but no food options around. I tried the Tesla store on I45 N in Houston once. It was backed up with people waiting. Seems to be the norm for that charger.
The Restaurant in the hotel at Channelview is actually pretty good, I recommend the burger, the Dutch chef is excellent. That said, I can't wait for the Gen 3 to open up at Buccees a few miles away.

My first FORTAN program in 1969 had no bugs and ran correctly on the first attempt. I still have the cards. I was just at the Channelview Supercharger a couple of weeks ago and it worked without problems.

ABRP is showing signs of not being accurate for Supercharger uptime. A better resource is the plugshare app, or their webpage PlugShare.com.

If you happen to have trouble with the Channelview Supercharger, I’d suggest a short session at one of the L2 chargers in the area that will get you to another Houston area Supercharger.
ISTR when I submitted my cards for my first FORTRAN program, I got them back with a printout that said "Please consider another career path". I found out later that one of the Ops was a "buddy" of mine. My pal...

The Restaurant in the hotel at Channelview is actually pretty good, I recommend the burger, the Dutch chef is excellent. That said, I can't wait for the Gen 3 to open up at Buccees a few miles away.

A small light bulb just came on over my head. Since the Buc-ee's agreement didn't happen over a Grand Slam or two at Denny's, and written on the back of a paper placemat (I bought a TV transmitter that way one night about 5o years ago), I wonder if this isn't why the long awaited Beaumont Supercharger went away? Perhaps some of the others which languished and disappeared.

I have an envelope here somewhere with Holiday in written in it from years ago. It's about time. This will make going to to Beaumont or Orange and back to Houston so convenient. Last time we stayed in the area, we were fortunate enough to use an RV camp site.

Reactions: theothertom
Beaumont, TX

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Subway
Along Primary Interstates: I-10
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-69, US-90, US-96, US-287
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: Lake Charles, LA - 61.9 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles
To: Iowa, LA - 75.7 miles

US-69

To: Lindale, TX - 209.2 miles
Diversion: 3 miles
To: Denison, TX - 331.2 miles

US-90

To: Lake Charles, LA - 67.4 miles
Diversion: 5.6 miles
To: Iowa, LA - 76.9 miles

US-96

To: End (US-59/US-84 Tenaha, TX) - 148.6 miles

US-287

To: Corsicana, TX - 226.4 miles
To: Ennis, TX - 252 miles

Splitter! On I-10, Beaumont, TX will split 118.7, 57.4 miles from Baytown, TX and 61.9 miles to Lake Charles, LA.

It's also along 4 US Numbered Highways, although 3 are concurrent from their start in Port Arthur through Beaumont, TX, and one (US-90) runs roughly parallel in the region to I-10.
It will be the first Supercharger along US-287.