Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bernalillo, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐

Attachments

• 1668725162570.png
    1668725162570.png
    411.4 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Bernalillo, NM

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Blake's Lotaburger
Along Primary Interstates: I-25
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-550
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-25

From: Albuquerque - Lang Ave NE, NM - 13.7 miles (Permit)
To: Santa Fe, NM (v2) - 38.3 miles
Diversion: 4.3 miles
To: Las Vegas, NM (v2) - 108.4 miles
To: Trinidad, CO - 231.9 miles

US-550

From: Start (I-25/US-85 north of Albuquerque, NM) - 2.2 miles
To: Montrose, CO - 301.7 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles
To: End (US-50 Montrose, CO) - 302.4 miles

Density and v3 on I-25.

Also it's the 2nd Supercharger on US-550, but it's very close to the start, just like Montrose, CO is very close to the end.

Wow - I believe the new service center up the street is supposed to have public superchargers as well, so this would be icing on the cake.

This Blakes is pretty slow anyway, so I can charge while I wait for my burrito :D

Reactions: IdaX
Four superchargers (and six level 1 chargers) at the almost ready service center across the street from this pin.

Attachments

• IMG_6776.jpeg
    IMG_6776.jpeg
    727.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6775.jpeg
    IMG_6775.jpeg
    375.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_6774.jpeg
    IMG_6774.jpeg
    735.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_6773.jpeg
    IMG_6773.jpeg
    727 KB · Views: 85
And another thing - the Tesla Find US map can be quite unreliable. Even existing operational sites have disappeared. Hutto TX, fully operational, was in there, but disappeared this year and is still gone. It’s in the car NAV, and I’ve used it.

So I guess we’ll just have to see what happens this year, and the permit dates given are for “proposed design” to begin.

Been a lot of superchargers popping up into existence without showing up in the Tesla Find Us map first.

Last edited:
On the way back from ABQ last Sunday afternoon (Oct 1), stopped by to look at the Tesla Service Center/Showroom. A couple of cars were Supercharging on the NE corner of the building, but the sign on door says they're closed on Sundays. The customer lounge wasn't open, either. Across Hwy 550 on the south side of the highway, no sign of any Supercharger construction near Blake's Lotaburger.

Unfortunately the “permit” for this and several other key NM locations is simply a “locate request” which is just a request to get utilities info - telephone, electricity, water, etc. that might be underground and not a permit to build anything. It may not even be a commitment to the site but purely exploratory. It’s been over a year wait already and no building permit has shown up. I guess we’ll keep waiting……