Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bloomington, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sure wish Bloomington and Evansville would come on soon. Day trips Indy to eville are simply not possible.
I think Bloomington will be here sooner than you think will be getting info soon 12FF8FCE-9EB1-4EEC-BED7-F5419A4E952D.jpeg

Kokomo, IN

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-31, US-35
Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-465

US-31

To: St. Joseph, MI - 122.2 miles
Diversion: 2.4 miles
To: Muskegon, MI - 206.2 miles

To: Mishawaka, IN (US-31, US-20, IN-331, l) - 101.7 miles

Splits a 137.8 mile gap between Carmel, IN and Mishawaka, IN, and also a 158.2 mile gap from Carmel, IN to St. Joseph, MI.

It's also the first Supercharger along US-35.

With 127.3 miles between Indianapolis, IN and Fort Wayne, IN along I-69, a Supercharger in Gas City, IN near the I-69/US-35 intersection, could also be useful.

Maybe their eyes will move south, and they can get sites in Bloomington, IN and Elberfeld, IN agreed and built.
Looks like Kokomo, IN is getting a Supercharger in the Meijer parking lot (2301 E Markland Ave, Kokomo, IN 46901). It's not a bad location (easy access to/from the Kokomo by-pass) and will fill a nice gap between Indianapolis and South Bend. Signs are up for 8 charging spots. No idea when it will be finished, but I know the local power company has installed infrastructure (actually heard about the project from one of the guys working on it).

Sorry for the poor picture. I'm pretty new to Tesla so sorry if I missed this, but I hadn't seen anything about Kokomo on any site when doing my pre-purchase research. This was a nice surprise!
View attachment 478828
Awesome news

I agree DCGOO. Maybe when that Kokomo crew gets down they'll be heading down to Bloomington and then Evansville. It's odd they started on Kokomo as it doesn't have a "Coming Soon" icon on the map but the others have been there for a while.
10 stalls, possibly V3, near the Fresh Thyme Farmers Market? Do you have the permit number so we could look it up and confirm?

Looks like Kokomo, IN is getting a Supercharger in the Meijer parking lot (2301 E Markland Ave, Kokomo, IN 46901). It's not a bad location (easy access to/from the Kokomo by-pass) and will fill a nice gap between Indianapolis and South Bend. Signs are up for 8 charging spots. No idea when it will be finished, but I know the local power company has installed infrastructure (actually heard about the project from one of the guys working on it).

Sorry for the poor picture. I'm pretty new to Tesla so sorry if I missed this, but I hadn't seen anything about Kokomo on any site when doing my pre-purchase research. This was a nice surprise!
View attachment 478828
So excited for this location!

In the Kokomo, IN thread a poster, @ClearBraIndy, mentioned a Supercharger to be built at the Meijer-but-not-Meijer Fresh Thyme supermarket in Bloomington, IN. The thread contains other related posts with a permit number and permit information.

Supercharger- Kokomo, IN

Location from the photo is at the side of the Supermarket, so something like 39.166076350855725, -86.57887995243073.

New thread created so Supercharge.info can point here. :)

Reactions: Chisale
A few points of note.
1) Fresh Thyme is financially backed by Meijer.
2) The new CEO of Fresh Thyme came from Meijer.
(Fresh Thyme CEO Chris Sherrell departs)
3) I'm starting a Bloomington, IN thread.
4) Anybody have any hints for Elberfeld, IN/Evansville, IN area?
Plus there is plenty of room in that parking lot for it. While Fresh Thyme is a nice store it's a niche market and that place was built for a full blown Marsh grocery. Currently the parking lot is seldom more than 10% full.
There's a nice destination 3 charger 11.5 kW set up at Mccormick's Creek SP. But it's ICEed frequently and you have to pay an entrance fee without knowing what the access will be. Plus it's just not practice for people driving between Evansville and Indy

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
In the Kokomo, IN thread a poster, @ClearBraIndy, mentioned a Supercharger to be built at the Meijer-but-not-Meijer Fresh Thyme supermarket in Bloomington, IN. The thread contains other related posts with a permit number and permit information.

Supercharger- Kokomo, IN

Location from the photo is at the side of the Supermarket, so something like 39.166076350855725, -86.57887995243073.

New thread created so Supercharge.info can point here. :)
Thanks for creating the thread. Here are some photos along with info

8F3F02B4-E88C-42B3-ACA8-A15A739B4D1D.jpeg

Permit photo. @mociaf9, is this good enough for a dot in your opinion
130BF529-964E-4433-B56E-853E798A643B.jpeg

Reactions: Chisale
For those who know the area this is the Fresh Thyme on WEST 3rd street. Access will be off I-69 at 3rd street exit. About 1/4 mi west of exit north side of road although this is a busy area in mid to late afternoon. Restaurants within walking distance are Arby's, Burger King, Taco Bell, a Thai place and Wendy's plus a CVS. Fresh Thyme is a health food grocery store specializing in organically grown foods and bulk items. Overall it's a good and predictable location.