Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brockville, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Round-trip Gananoque only adds 1.9km to your trip. Kingston V3 adds 1.3km. For me it's a wash. I personally prefer groceries and Tims at my charging stops. Kingston V3 is a bit of a dead area, minus Panera and Pita Pit, unless you hit a drive-through on your way.
You call ahead to the Pizza hut and order some personal Pizza's. Plug in, walk over and they are ready, by the time you get back to your car charging is done, brings back memories of grabbing those as a kid.

You call ahead to the Pizza hut and order some personal Pizza's. Plug in, walk over and they are ready, by the time you get back to your car charging is done, brings back memories of grabbing those as a kid.
All my V3 charging sessions in Kingston or Gananoque have been < 30 mins. It's barely enough time to walk anywhere and sit for a meal!

Why doesn't every ONRoute have a supercharger? Seems so obvious.

What about the IVY chargers at the OnRoutes? With an adapter they should offer decent rapid charging although I have not tried them yet. I believe they are 150kw units. Just another option.

Hopefully IVY will announce native J3400 support soon.
Since it's a government agency they are very slow to do anything useful!

Isn't there an issue about the amount of power going into the ONRoute sites. Some of them are in fairly remote locations and may not be able to support a dozen or more SCs. That was mentioned by a former active user on this site who worked for one of the electrical utilities.

Round-trip Gananoque only adds 1.9km to your trip. Kingston V3 adds 1.3km. For me it's a wash. I personally prefer groceries and Tims at my charging stops. Kingston V3 is a bit of a dead area, minus Panera and Pita Pit, unless you hit a drive-through on your way.
Kingston V3 is a dead area? All of the fast food restaurants that I mentioned are less than 200m away:
1707159386571.png

Reactions: PLUS EV
What about the IVY chargers at the OnRoutes? With an adapter they should offer decent rapid charging although I have not tried them yet. I believe they are 150kw units. Just another option.
IVY Chargers are garbage and most are more expensive than superchargers. Last time I charged on one of their fast units I couldn't get more than 65 kw:
1707166393746.png

Most locations are $0.62/kWh as well so more expensive than most superchargers for a bad experience. They used to be a lot cheaper when they charged by the minute.

Easy access off the highway and it probably being v4, and being pretty much in the middle it will be and ideal stop for those wanting to move quickly between Toronto and MTL. The Kingston and the Gananoque exits are cumbersome.

When crossing the border at 1000 Island, heading east to Montréal, Kingston and Gananoque are not useful. Watertown NY to Cornwall can be tight in cold weather and/or older cars. Brockville will be very useful for that (and avoid Cornwall)

Reactions: surfaholic and Allx
When crossing the border at 1000 Island, heading east to Montréal, Kingston and Gananoque are not useful. Watertown NY to Cornwall can be tight in cold weather and/or older cars. Brockville will be very useful for that (and avoid Cornwall)
Yes and Parish to Kemptville is tight as well (it’ll be nice to have the option to skip Watertown - in winter it can be tight when choosing Parish as last US stop).