Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brownsville, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

reddy

Jan 26, 2013
Amarillo, TX
Moderator note (bmah): The first few posts in this thread are a merger of two different threads.

This just popped up on TDLR.

Tesla EV Charging Installation - Brownsville, TX
Project Number:
TABS2020011691
Facility Name:
HEB Plus
Location Address:
2155 Paredes Line Road
Brownsville, TX 78521
Location County:
Cameron
Start Date:
4/6/2020
Completion Date:
5/8/2020
Estimated Cost:
$325,000
Type of Work:
New Construction
Type of Funds:
This project is privately funded, on private land for private use.
Scope of Work:
Installation of Tesla EV Charging Equipment. (8) charging posts, (2) charging cabinets, and associated electrical equipment for station.
Square Footage:
3,300 ft 2

@BlueShift

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, It looks like we’ve got a permit for Brownsville Texas! This will be an 8 stall V3 Supercharger located at the HEB + grocery store at 2155 Paredes Line Road. Permit found by @reddy in another thread, which I will link and ask for it to be be moved to the Texas forum. Will add on Supercharge Info!

Full quote in thread Supercharger - Brownsville TX
This just popped up on TDLR.

Tesla EV Charging Installation - Brownsville, TX
Project Number:
TABS2020011691
Facility Name:
HEB Plus
Location Address:
2155 Paredes Line Road
Brownsville, TX 78521
Location County:
Cameron
Start Date:
4/6/2020
Completion Date:
5/8/2020
Estimated Cost:
$325,000
Type of Work:
New Construction
Type of Funds:
This project is privately funded, on private land for private use.
Scope of Work:
Installation of Tesla EV Charging Equipment. (8) charging posts, (2) charging cabinets, and associated electrical equipment for station.
Square Footage:
3,300 ft 2

@BlueShift

Great location for nearby SpaceX's Boca Chica Launch/Manufacturing facilities.

Brownsville Supercharger.png

Brownsville, TX

Along Primary Interstates: I-69E
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-77, US-83
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-69E

To: Kingsville, TX - 116.1 miles
Diversion: 2.5 miles
To: End (US-59 Victoria, TX) - 221.3 miles

To: McAllen, TX (I-69E, I-2) - 59.3 miles

More SpaceX, therefore more Superchargers.

I-69E is a long way from finished. The route to Victoria, TX is mostly US-77 right now.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
I feel like 8 stalls will be too small for Starship launches. The peak demand will be pretty high. I'll plan on arriving to Brownsville with 50% or so so that I only have to hog a stall for 10 minutes to get out of there after a launch.

I feel like 8 stalls will be too small for Starship launches. The peak demand will be pretty high. I'll plan on arriving to Brownsville with 50% or so so that I only have to hog a stall for 10 minutes to get out of there after a launch.
Based on previous experiences around SpaceX launches in CA, that could be a huge mistake. Charge up enough on your way in so that you'll be able to make it out of the immediate area and to the next supercharger when you leave without needing to rely on the Brownsville one. At one CA launch that I recall, people ended up having to wait a few hours just to get a chance to plug in with lines like 40+ cars deep waiting.