Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burbank, CA - E. Orange Grove Ave (site proposed, 28 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was asking myself the same question. Could be. That parking lot is a nightmare.
I hope they're still planning this one. On weekends sometimes you can see all 3 chargers in Burbank full, even the 6 month old 24stall on Victory. But that supercharger at the mall down the street from my house is absolutely hideous. I dont think I've seen higher than 75kw speeds the last 3 times I've gone there. Its cool for grabbing a bite and a couple dranky's though.

Burbank and Pasadena have seen enormous increases in DCFC numbers.

Every year the tesla network is getting better and better. I do like these colocated stations, they do make a lot of sense in certain places.
133 E Orange Grove Tesla Charging Partnership PDF document below

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TL04iZ1JsZJ7IOgB2mKBss0Y7Z27pzPT?usp=sharing

Info provided by Marco.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this point Burbank is becoming a Tesla Charging mega hub which I am quite happy about it. I cant hide my bias haha, I am a Burbank boy.
That link is broken. Not a good sign.

Project is on hold for now according to Mall management. Very weird email exchange asking if I was involved in the project and wondering why I was asking about it. Sounds like BWP was all in but the mall said no. Maybe due to the lack of parking availability. @Big Earl
Same happened to me when I e-mail the guy running several permits for LADBS, he was all about interrogating me but he is known to be a little bit of a j**k. Yeah this parking lot gets crazy, I would not be surprised if the mall was the one that put a STOP on the project.

Same happened to me when I e-mail the guy running several permits for LADBS, he was all about interrogating me but he is known to be a little bit of a j**k. Yeah this parking lot gets crazy, I would not be surprised if the mall was the one that put a STOP on the project.
No surprise about it. Burbank building referred me to BWP and BWP referred me to mall management.

My original email asking about NEW Superchargers was answered with "we have 20 on the upper level of our parking garage!"
"How long have those been open?"
"About 7 years." (that means they aren't new)
"What about the BPW project that was presented 2 years ago for over 50 chargers?" (along with the screenshot marco posted here)
"I'm sorry, I don't recognize your name but why are you interested in that project? Are you attached to it?"
"no, just an interested person who though it would be great to have that charging infrastructure in such a busy place."
"Yeah, that project is indefinitely on hold."