Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Canton, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla came before the planning board on July 12th to present their plan for the 20 stall supercharger and solar canopy. The meeting was continued to the August 16th meeting to allow Tesla to come back with some additional information requested by the planning board. The board seems supportive overall but had some questions about lighting, landscaping and some thoughts about the location chosen within the Trillium parking lot for the project.

Construction has begun
IMG_3028.jpeg
IMG_3030.jpeg
IMG_3031.jpeg

The brewery is open 12-11 hours per day, while the gas station nearby are open 24/7. In my opinion fast charging stations need to have 24/7 bathroom access. Too bad very few in Massachusetts do.
Agreed. Fast chargers located just off-highway serve travelers best when chargers are located like gas pumps are located, namely at 24/7 store/restroom operations. The charger industry, even Tesla, hasn't really figured this out yet for highway charging and still commits too many DCFC operations to these marginal locations. There's a reason off-highway gas pumps are put where they are and have the operating hours that they do.

Around 128/95, the Superchargers at Lynnfield - Marketplace, Burlington, and Woburn are all less useful late at night. I guess I'd include Danvers into this as well. At least Lexington and Newton/128 are 24/7 with bathrooms.

The walk to the 24/7 gas station at the Canton site will be a bit iffy in terms of security, late at night, in my opinion. It would be nice if the brewery/Tesla at least put an opening in the fence and a walkway across the lawn section at the end of the parking lot on a natural walking path to the intersection with Rt. 138 rather than forcing people to walk out the brewery fence gate.

Don't know yet. Most likely not. The site plan includes illustrations of both v3 and v4 posts giving Tesla the option to do either. But I don't think any v4 PSU's have been built yet making it unlikely. This site calls for four PSU's (16 posts) and 1 traditional supercharger cabinet (with 4 posts).

Reactions: kayak1
Canton looks like it could be mostly done at this point other than site cleanup, striping and obligatory transformer & meter. Not clear if wiring has been done yet. There are a set of v3 charging post bases onsite that I'm guessing were miss-delivered here. Not the first site to get them (Hanover, MA got a few as well).

The prep work for solar looks complete as well with mounting bases for the canopy in place and a pad for the inverters, etc.... Not clear yet if this will be installed before the site goes live or after.

IMG_4155.jpeg

IMG_4157.jpeg

IMG_4156.jpeg

IMG_4158.jpeg

IMG_4159.jpeg

IMG_4161.jpeg