Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Provincetown, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Provincetown Planning Board heard Tesla's application this evening. There were a number of questions around the landscaping being proposed, impact to an existing tree by the road and possible site reconfiguration to avoid having to impact it. There was a desire by several members of the planning board to have the site support non-Tesla vehicles.

The application was continued to the May 11th meeting where Tesla will reappear with some answers and possible changes to the site plan to help save the "tree". They were also asked to bring a representative of the hotel to help answer questions from the board (they were not present this evening).

1681430083809.png

Reactions: bruce4000
Makes sense, that hotel is more solar farm than hotel, with a huge number of panels on the building and canopy over much of the parking lot. My only hope is this becomes a magic dock site or they add a CCS partner as well, as public charging is badly needed on the outer cape

Reactions: RichAZ/CapeCod
Makes sense, that hotel is more solar farm than hotel, with a huge number of panels on the building and canopy over much of the parking lot. My only hope is this becomes a magic dock site or they add a CCS partner as well, as public charging is badly needed on the outer cape
Yes, the outer Cape is in need of both a Supercharger as well as CCS fast chargers. I live in Wellfleet (two towns south of P'town). The Cape has three Superchargers now (which is great!), but sure needs several CCS DCFC units as well.

Wife at DCFC (level-2?) unit behind Wellfleet Town Hall. Wondering why no gasoline is coming out of the pump... (we owned a Chevy Bolt when photo was taken, now with MY and M3 Teslas)
IMG_0001.JPG

Reactions: JWardell
Updated site plan submitted to Provincetown. The revised plan goes from 2 pre-fab units plus a traditional four-stall, to 12 traditional stalls. This allows them to use less space behind the posts (to save the "tree"). They've also brought their proposed landscaping inside the property line (previously they were shown on the plan on town property). Hopefully these changes (plus any others not obvious on quick plan inspection) will make the planning board happy and will allow project approval when it next comes before the board.

Another observation - the eight stalls on the left in the plan suggest traditional Tesla aligned V3 stalls. The four adjacent to the building, on the other hand, appear to be the newer V4-upgradable closer to parking position center posts. This would suggest Tesla may be thinking of upgrading four of the 12 charging posts here to CCS compatible V4 posts later. Of course, how it's actually built may not match this illustration....

1682636974682.png

Thanks for checking. Even though recently permitted it wouldn't surprise me to see this site done before the end of the year, so always good to monitor.
Updated site plan submitted to Provincetown. The revised plan goes from 2 pre-fab units plus a traditional four-stall, to 12 traditional stalls. This allows them to use less space behind the posts (to save the "tree"). They've also brought their proposed landscaping inside the property line (previously they were shown on the plan on town property). Hopefully these changes (plus any others not obvious on quick plan inspection) will make the planning board happy and will allow project approval when it next comes before the board.

Another observation - the eight stalls on the left in the plan suggest traditional Tesla aligned V3 stalls. The four adjacent to the building, on the other hand, appear to be the newer V4-upgradable closer to parking position center posts. This would suggest Tesla may be thinking of upgrading four of the 12 charging posts here to CCS compatible V4 posts later. Of course, how it's actually built may not match this illustration....

View attachment 932492
Is there any update to this station as of August 3rd?

Best guess is this one won't start until after the tourist season winds down and hotel prices are lower. Depending on who does the job, they frequently stay local to the construction site during the week, returning home for weekends. High lodging costs probably aren't covered in whatever contracts Tesla has in place with contractors.

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1
Curbing is mainly in. They used precast, concrete curbing. No work was done this weekend, of course.

I'm kind of surprised that they aren't putting the cabinets on raised platforms like they did at Orleans, especially considering that Provincetown Harbor is a couple of hundred feet away at best right across the road and with little elevation gain. The plans call for a concrete pad. I see no metal platforms on site.
20230904_101320.jpg

Last edited: